Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone use a pond boat like this?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone use a pond boat like this?

I'm thinking of getting a small molded pond boat similar to this style. My goal is to be able to put it in the back of my full size truck by myself and get it to the water. I have about a 30 yard drag from the road to the pond. Bass Pro has some that say they are 100 pounds. A couple slightly bigger ones say they are about 125. I'm thinking I can handle that although kinda worried it might be heavy to drag back slightly uphill from pond to truck again. Of course I will remove all the heavy items.

Small Boat Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I'd rather have a kayak or a float tube.

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't some models like that have small wheels on one end for pulling? Bet it would not be hard to build something that would work.

Dayton.

BTW....nice...real nice!

Post Thanks / Like

The one I posted above is the Pelican Bass Raider from Walmart.
    Small Boat Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I used to have one similar, put a 3 hp Eska OB and a small trolling motor, fished lakes and ponds, was very stable, had to stay away from areas with bigger boat traffic.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the kayak idea. I've tried bass busters, inflateable pontoons, etc. and my kayak has been the most versatile of all.
    Jerry Hamon
    Van Alstyne, Texas
    http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w142/texascrappiefisherman/MSKFCPRES_zps568e5f40.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

I use one and it fishes just fine..got a 55lb thrust transom trolling motor on it and it flies..the only downside is over time it will start to hold water..the plugs on it are real cheapies!!! i just havent taken the time to put on more sturdy plugs..plaastic is good and durable though...

Post Thanks / Like

had one and sold it for 100 bucks.. woudlnt hold me and a friend safely. we are both big guys

Post Thanks / Like

Default Drag

If you have to drag that boat 30 yards i dont think it will take it for very long.

I had a 14' x 36" jon for many years without a trailer and it sucked to have to load at night, then unload to remove the boat and then load again at the water. I got a trailer from salvation army auto auction lot. I think i would look for a 12-14' alum jon wider than 36" at the floor with a trailer. Put the word out to everyone you know you are after a small used fishing boat cheap. I got a deal on my last boat $250, 15' duracraft crappie boat with 40hp and trailer. It sat in someones driveway and they got sick of it. It took some work but was worth it.
    "Some days im Basstastic other days im crapptacular"

Post Thanks / Like

I have a two man boat and dragging it is easy,the hardest part is carrying the supplies to and from the boat.The battery,T.M.,coolers(one for fish,one for sodas),seats,tackle box,paddle, has to be carried to the boat.When fishing by my self I carry a 5 gal. bucket and coffe can to fill the bucket,I put it in the back of the boat to help hold it down in the water.You do not want the back of the boat sticking up in the air b/c the wind will blow you around.
    I love mine...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast