Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fly Fishing the Louisiana Coast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fly Fishing the Louisiana Coast

I guess if Mr. GIbson can plug his website, I can plug my first book (See title, Countryman Press 2004).
    It covers the available species and where, when, and how to catch them on fly in Louisiana waters. It also provides listings for guides, accommodations, and places to eat across the state as well as recipes for both fish and flies.
    There are also a few tales told in it.
    My credentials? As a full-time outdoor writer for almost 20 years you may have seen my name in Salt Water Sportsman, Tide, Fly Fishing in Saltwaters, American Angler, Fly Fish America, Game & Fish Publications, and Gulf Coast Fisherman, among others. I am considered a pioneer of saltwater fly fishing in Louisiana and have held or still hold numerous state fly fishing records.
    I've been told the book is good reading, besides being informative. For sure, you won't come across anything else like it out there!
    Nuf said - and thanks.
    Pete Cooper, Jr.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sneakypete View Post
    I guess if Mr. GIbson can plug his website, I can plug my first book (See title, Countryman Press 2004).
    It covers the available species and where, when, and how to catch them on fly in Louisiana waters. It also provides listings for guides, accommodations, and places to eat across the state as well as recipes for both fish and flies.
    My credentials? As a full-time outdoor writer for almost 20 years you may have seen my name in Salt Water Sportsman, Tide, Fly Fishing in Saltwaters, American Angler, Fly Fish America, Game & Fish Publications, and Gulf Coast Fisherman, among others. I am considered a pioneer of saltwater fly fishing in Louisiana and have held or still hold numerous state fly fishing records.
    I've been told the book is good reading, besides being informative. For sure, you won't come across anything else like it out there!
    Nuf said - and thanks.
    Pete Cooper, Jr.
    I'd check with the operators of this forum, Pete. My website is totally non-commericial and not-for-profit, so I figured it was OK.

I'll bet they won't care if you plug your book. How can we get the book?
    Steve
    Southern Drawl Kayak Fishing
    Native Watercraft-endorsed guide
    gibbysfishingblog.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Oops - didn't think I might be breaking any rules.
    The book is available through Books-a-Million, Barnes and Noble, Amazon, Anglers Book Supply, and others I am not aware of. Thanks for asking - now I will stifle myself, just in case I need to do so!:D
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Don’t really think it’s “plugging” if both are offering more avenues of related information.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks you two. I sure don't want to be presumptuous (Sp?).
    Pete

fishing buddy is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sneakypete View Post
    Nuf said - and thanks.
    Pete Cooper, Jr.

Pete just dont start putting your book on every post you do like some people on the site. Sounds like you have a great job and many storys to tell. Bet you have talked to some of the best fishermen out there. Good luck

www.slabcrappieguides.com
    Hi Tek Pro Staff
    Bobby Garland Baits

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I will follow your sage advice.
    Incidentally, though (Noticing that you are from Mississippi), I will be co-hosting the Salt Water Sportsman National Seminar in Biloxi with George Poveromo on 28 February. Don't know where Madison is, but if the fish aren't biting, you ought to try to attend it. I've done it before twice, and the sessions are VERY informative. Not much on fly fishing, though I do try to sneak in some associated stuff while George isn't paying attention!
    Whatever, thanks again, and pass a good week.
    Pete

fishing buddy is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Madison just outside of jackson but maybe I could make it down there good luck.

www.slabcrappieguides.com
    Hi Tek Pro Staff
    Bobby Garland Baits