Fished our fourth and final day of Thanksgiving weekend today. We made a trip back into the bush and used an atv to pull our shelters. I was a little concerned about ice thickness and it turned out I had every reason to be.

The ice near shore was fine, being a solid 6" but out on the main lake, we found it to be in the 4" range. We played it careful and augered our way, in front of the atv, out to the middle.

Fish were there but they were somewhat fussy. Never-the-less, persistence and a change in tactics allowed us to do quite well, catching about 50 fish or so. Many were in the 11" range, with some hitting 13"

The best baits were Northland's "Forage Spoon" and "Mud Bug" jig, tipped with waxworms. Minnows on small jigs and spring bobbers also worked well at times.

It was one of those days when the fish would come in and you'd pick off a few before they left. Sit tight and they'd be back in 15 minutes or so.

It was a great end to a super four-day mini-vacation for me. Fishing that much has me a littled bushed and actually looking forward to going back to work tomorrow. How sick is that!

Here's the only pic I took today. It's the front of my Fish Trap with a pile of nice crappies. Enjoy. (Now I have to rest up for next weekend)