Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: new guy spider rig questions

Post Thanks / Like

Default new guy spider rig questions

Been reading, need some answers, I am very familiar with crankbait trolling, and fairly successful at it,may be able to share some info. on that method. I want to learn to spider rig, only in summer time, I striper fish rest of year, crappie are 20' deep right now in lake I fish. Question is how do I spider rig that deep? Speed? Lures? etc. Caught my limit of 12 to 15 inch crappie yesterday trolling, just looking for a quieter, more peaceful way to fish. Thanks for any help. Possum1
    possum1
    Jack Mullins
    Psalms 46:1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by possum1
    Been reading, need some answers, I am very familiar with crankbait trolling, and fairly successful at it,may be able to share some info. on that method. I want to learn to spider rig, only in summer time, I striper fish rest of year, crappie are 20' deep right now in lake I fish. Question is how do I spider rig that deep? Speed? Lures? etc. Caught my limit of 12 to 15 inch crappie yesterday trolling, just looking for a quieter, more peaceful way to fish. Thanks for any help. Possum1
    theres lots of different rod holders and ways you can set them up up for spider rigging.. youll just have to look around and see what setup you want to use. In the winter time when we want to go deep, i use 3/4 oz bell sinkers about 18 inches below a dropper line with a minnow on it. this will get you deep and keep the lines verticle if you go slow. fan the rods out in front of you and you are in business.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good idea

Wondering about weight versus speed, I can get bites on grubs, tubes,etc. however I am having a hard time getting hooked up, guess I am too slow reacting to the bite, never tried minnows on this rig. Rather catch them on flies, tubes, grubs,for sake of convience (laziness?). What speed do you guys travel at when deep spider rigging? Thanks for the help. Possum1
    possum1
    Jack Mullins
    Psalms 46:1