Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crappie, Crappie, and more Crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Crappie, Crappie, and more Crappie.

Outside 47 Degrees. November 26. I was telling my neighbor that crappie fishing right now is great. He took my word on it and went fishing. He caught a five gallon bucket of Crappie. Guys if your getting board around the house go after them Crappie, I dont care how cold it is go after them. Suggest go to the ponds or lakes that you fish during the summer. They will be deeper than during the summer. Locate wth your depth finder anchor there over the top of them. I never us minnows in Idaho because its againist the law. Crappie jigs tipped with niblets in the white, bye berkley. Start retrieving slowly from bottom. Going out again this coming tuesday in December. Come on guys give it a try.

Post Thanks / Like

minnows against the law? Unreal, what the heck are they thinking?
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

No minnows, well I guess I want be fishing in Idaho.

Post Thanks / Like

Ken, are you fishing Bully Creek? If you are, what size are they runnin? My last day on Brownlee was the 14th and it was non stop catching all day, 2 1/2 yr old fish about 9" long. Lots of doubles.

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Minnows against the law?

Post Thanks / Like

Must be like transfering aquatic plants.. They don't want to introduce a new species to the lake.. Only guessing.

Post Thanks / Like

Against the law !
    Probly cos ya can't feel that bump.
    Only thing that starts my heart!
    Last time I saw a mouth like that it had a hook in it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oregon slabman View Post
    Ken, are you fishing Bully Creek? If you are, what size are they runnin? My last day on Brownlee was the 14th and it was non stop catching all day, 2 1/2 yr old fish about 9" long. Lots of doubles.
    Slabman I'm fishing C.J. Strike. The fish are running a little bigger than I was catching during the summer. Between 8 and 11 inches. I live in Mountain Home and 30 miles from the back waters of CJ Strike Dam. Yes I have fished Bully creek there in Oregon. I haven't fish there during the winter. I'm going out Tuesday Dec. 2 willl give a fishing report that after noon on this sight. Do you want to go fishing slabman call me in mountain home. Kenny Jones on Desert Duck Rd. Find me in the phone book. We'll fish out my Jet Boat.
    Last edited by Ken Jones; 11-29-2008 at 08:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot about C.J.Strike. A fiend e-mailed me some pics of a catch earlier this year of some nice fish from there. That Snake River is a fish factory.
    Thanks for the invite, I may take you up on that sometime. If you're ever over my way I'll return the favor. These Brownlee fish bite late into the winter unless there is a drastic water fluctuation, either up or down. That usually shuts them off until Spring. I'm 40 miles east of Baker City. My elk season ends tomorrow so I may have some time to fish. Always lots of chores around here.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie

I use to live in Utah years ago, moved there from Mississippi and I couldn't believe they had a regular fishing season.
    I was use to fishing year round...lol.. that blew me a way. Fisherman would be almost shoulder to shoulder around the lake on opening day of fishing.
    Go get'em Ken, Your the man!

crappie cowboy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast