Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need some help from you HB SI guys

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need some help from you HB SI guys

My better half said I could get a HB SI unit for X-Mas. :D
    Now here's the problem which one to get?? 997 or 1197 ??

I like the 1197 but I would like some type of swivel base so I can turn it toward the front of the boat when fishing. I have not seen a swivel base or where to mount on Tracker XT-17 boat.

Thanks for any help or advice.
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

Post Thanks / Like

Best mounts made for 997/1197 are made by
    RAM Mounting Systems, Inc. If using for a 1197 be sure to contact ram & get their advice on model # to use as a 1197 is a biggie unit, U don't want that to fall in heavy wave action, I even went oversize on my 997 mount.
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman_Wantabe View Post
    My better half said I could get a HB SI unit for X-Mas. :D
    Now here's the problem which one to get?? 997 or 1197 ??

I like the 1197 but I would like some type of swivel base so I can turn it toward the front of the boat when fishing. I have not seen a swivel base or where to mount on Tracker XT-17 boat.

Thanks for any help or advice.
    Now I just bought my 1197 so I can't say much about this since it's has not even made it on my boat yet. However from what I was told from others it the money is not a problem then the 1197 is the way to go for several reasons. Something about not being able on the 997 to remove stuff from the screen to see the entire screen with out having some block of info in the way and on the 1197 you can choose to have it there or not.

Also this 1197 is huge and I mean huge so will see every thing much better.

If money is a problem the the 997 will do a wonderful job as I have been told, but the 1197 is the one if money is not an issue.

Here is one reply I got on another board that got me to lean to the 1197...
    Skip

One more note on the merits of the 1197 versus the 997.

The 997 does not fully utilize the full width of its screen for SI. The 997 uses the left side of the display for its information data (water temp, MPH, Time, etc whatever you chose to see there), but it occupies really quite a bit of the screen from left to right (and no way to change that, it's fixed).

The 1197 utilize the full width of its screen for Sonar/GPS display, and use the bottom of the display for its information data (allowing full use of the width of the screen for what is really important – SI).

See Humminbird Products and compare the 1197 views versus the 997 (you will see what I'm talking about).

I was hoping a new software version would change the 997 display (to allow the information data to show at the bottom, or not at all if that is your option, but no, at least not yet and probably never will).

Don't get me wrong the 997 is great (I've got one plus the 1197), but there is that difference (not just in size, but how they utilize the screens).

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

E-Mail me iff interested in a 1197 only as I have one [email protected] leave me your number and I will call you with details I can save ya cash if you are wanting that unit