Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: muddy water question????

Post Thanks / Like

Default muddy water question????

the creek i have been fishing the last two weeks if full of Crappie. The problem is it rained and mudded the water up....i have been using a pink head/blk body/ chartruse tail... i tie them myself.....- and the jig is the color they have been nailing.....now, will the crappie still see the jig in that kind of water? and would "you" still try fishing the water after a small flood and muddied up....?
    Fishing Guide Carey Thorn

Post Thanks / Like

Yes but not as good as clearer water.

When you say flood does that mean a few inches or more?
    Anyway with flooded muddy water try fishing close to the bank,flood means feed at the bank.The fish will be looking for food from the run off,new brush for them to attack food from.Also something added for scent on the jig and maybe a red or gold crappie ne'it.They are in hog heaven with the flood from the run off,bellies could be full and only eating small snacks.If the bite is slow try smaller jigs,I would start with 2n. jigs b/c they can see it better in muddy run off.

Post Thanks / Like

I like a roadrunner with a black body and pink tail, don't be afraid to use a larger trailer, sometimes bigger is better. I'll also use it under a slipbobber and jig it up and down in one spot, change depths until you figure out where they are holding. Always add a crappie nibble and slow down, and if that dosen't work slow down some more! Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like

thanks, i have another question.. i was fishing slips on Ray Hubbard in Tx. another guy was standing on the docks fishing while i was in my fish cat 9 ir (on man pontoon with fish finder.) so that means i was in the water... he walked up and said that they worked a long time on the bruch the put down there and said it was rude for me to be there........ well, im a licensed fisherman and a licensed guide.so that means i can fish any public waters...... but what are your point of views on this from people on here with piles under there slips...... and i was only fishing the ones that had not boat in them.....

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

don`t know the laws in texas but in ga. you can fish anywhere you want to . as long as you don`t git on their dock or shore .if some one is fishing i will stay away as if it was a boat .
    check with a game warden or what ever you call it there. go to the texas state bord on here and post that question
    Last edited by papasage; 11-29-2008 at 11:49 AM.
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

went to my spot today and yes they bite in the muddy water..... caught well over 30. mostly small though..... on the boat slip question i was asking, its ethics i was asking.... would that make yall mad if i fished your slip that you baited or sunk trees in? i know im in public water and not on the private docks..... but would you be p'd off at me for doing that?
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 11-30-2008 at 12:51 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

One should realize if they own a slip people are going to fish around it nomatter if they put brush around it or not.

But I figure I'd get a little rednecked if you made a bee line to my slip every day,may even tie a gator to the slip just for ya ha ha.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Tarponfly ...

Quote Originally Posted by tarponfly View Post
    went to my spot today and yes they bite in the muddy water..... caught well over 30. mostly small though..... on the boat slip question i was asking, its ethics i was asking.... would that make yall mad if i fished your slip that you baited or sunk trees in? i know im in public water and not on the private docks..... but would you be p'd off at me for doing that?
    If I were a dock owner -
    Personally, I wouldn't mind ... and may even come down to the dock and join ya, or at least chat with you for awhile. But, that being said ... when I shoot docks, or even fish close around them, I avoid those with people on them (especially if THEY are fishing). Now, if I'm within earshot of the owner, who's on his dock fishing ... I may try and strike up a conversation. You can usually tell the demeanor of a person, after a short chat.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

i found tons of piles in the marina. but i have to say, "he told me they spent a lot of work on it, so with that said, why would i not spend time there,.......he FLAT OUT TOLD ME THAT THERE ARE FISH THERE.......but no, i do not spend all my time in those slips cause i found another slip that has fish as well, pretty much more than the mean guys... but think of everyone that bass fishes and crappie, who doesnt fish slips?

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

all docks will usually hold fish . i have brush in my home lake and several has found it i never tell them to stay away . i just o to another brush pile .
    last year i was asked to leave a dock after the owners wife cam down and fed the catfish and told us how big of a catfish they had caught . he came down and let his boat down so we couldn1t fish where she fed them. i was going back and camp out on my pontoon boat and fish all night . the wife wouldn`t let me
    retired and now i will always fish

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast