Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Had to wait till I was 12.A letter to my son.

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Had to wait till I was 12.A letter to my son.

deleted post
    Last edited by pescatore; 12-14-2008 at 09:10 AM.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

pescatore, those hunting styles and rituals were definitely from the old days. Even though the crowd I used to hunt with werent family but rather close friends, sounds like our camps were very similar. It's long gone now. A few arent with us anymore and some no longer hunt due to their ages and ailments. Camps like those usually come once in a lifetime....unfortunately.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Times change not always for the better

Quote Originally Posted by gabowman View Post
    pescatore, those hunting styles and rituals were definitely from the old days. Even though the crowd I used to hunt with werent family but rather close friends, sounds like our camps were very similar. It's long gone now. A few arent with us anymore and some no longer hunt due to their ages and ailments. Camps like those usually come once in a lifetime....unfortunately.
    deleted
    Last edited by pescatore; 12-14-2008 at 07:10 PM.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If you ever get out and just ride the dirt roads (if you can find any, that is:o) during the deer season and run across a camp like the ones we remember, you just know those guys have something very special. And to find multiple camps like that is just unheard of anymore. I do miss 'em though. Nowadays most folks leave the house to go hunt, then return home to yard work that needs doing, out of town with the family, etc., etc. Back in the day it was all about the camp. Even though we all hunted wanting to kill that big 'un, it wasnt NEVER about the deer. Rather the comradery back at camp. Food, fun, fellowship...began each day at camp when the alarm went off and never ended until you finally drifted off to sleep late at night.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

delete
    Last edited by pescatore; 12-14-2008 at 09:12 AM.