Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Test URL Picture Posting

Post Thanks / Like

Default Test URL Picture Posting

Testing to see if the URL method works for me.
    Last edited by GABoy; 06-01-2005 at 11:31 AM.
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Seems to be working. I though you were a crappie fisherman:D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whizkids
    Seems to be working. I though you were a crappie fisherman:D

Ha ha....I actually caught that by accident when I was trolling for crappie at the Neely Henry tournament.....

If the fish is on the hook, I have no choice but to try my best to land it....hee hee!!

I really had to put my game face on with this on though.....4lb test on a 14 ft rod.....11.5lb fish....
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Whiz;; Them old Ga Boys will catch anything that's hit there bait.
    Know What? So will IIIIIII! Good one GaBoy

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Url ???

I thought using the URL method would only leave a "link" (address) that you had to click on - then the picture would come up on another window And the IMG method would put a picture in the text box of the post ............ like the one in GAboy's post.
    Am I confused, is my thinking bassackwards, or am I missing something here ???
    I don't mean to "split hairs" - but, I'd really like to keep things "accurate" (don't want to confuse the newbies :D ). ...... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy
    I thought using the URL method would only leave a "link" (address) that you had to click on - then the picture would come up on another window And the IMG method would put a picture in the text box of the post ............ like the one in GAboy's post.
    I don't mean to "split hairs" - but, I'd really like to keep things "accurate" (don't want to confuse the newbies :D ). ...... cp

Technically, you are using the IMG method, but it pulls the picture from a URL where it is actually stored.

So, in a way it is the best of both worlds. The picture is stored in another location, but it gets loaded when the thread is displayed by linking it through the URL that is provided.

That is my take on it anyhow. I think it is right.
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieLips

I HEAR YA!!!

If it's hooked, I will do whatever it takes to get it in the boat....I had to chase that joker down with my trolling motor wide open.....he about pulled all the line off my rod and got away....but, I headed straight for him with my trolling motor wide open to make up ground and reel in the line.....it was pretty funny!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GABoy
    Ha ha....I actually caught that by accident when I was trolling for crappie at the Neely Henry tournament.....

If the fish is on the hook, I have no choice but to try my best to land it....hee hee!!

I really had to put my game face on with this on though.....4lb test on a 14 ft rod.....11.5lb fish....
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I guess that was in practice, surely you would just cut the line in competition . I only see 3 rods standing up is that all that was tangled landing the beast?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieLips
    ------------------------------------------------------------ I do also, but I had one of them guys take out 6 double rigs when he hit the one closest to the bank and headed for deep water. I like a good fight but hate the retie.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy
    crappiepappy.....you can post a pic thru either the "URL" or "IMG" lines without the "click to view" link. Using the URL, you have to enter it by clicking the "Insert Image" (yellow box above the text box) and pasting the URL in the pop-up and click "OK." You then can preview and see the pic. Then, as you know, the "IMG" line will allow you to post it directly in the text box. Works either way. The center line below the photo is HTML, which our site doesn't support. I wrote some detailed descriptions that I intended to just "sticky note" somewhere, but Ed elected to put it in the article section, which is better. That's where the guys are referring to when they mention my directions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast