Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Memorial Day Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Memorial Day Crappie

Well despite the weather we have had in MS the past week. I think it is going to rain forever! I was able to get out on the lake Monday finally at 11:00. I guess the good thing about the weather was it kept the jet skies and skiers off the lake. The wind was very light with just a little chop on the water PERFECT! I started trolling my 3 hook rig with minnows on the river ledge and started catching them immediately. I fished 3 different spots and caught fish in all three. I caught somewhere around 40 and kept 22 of which 15 were in the 1.5-2.0 lb range. The biggest I had was just under 3 lbs and if she would have been full of eggs she would have made it. She had that hump on her head like the 3 lbers carry! Not a bad day considering the weather. Was back in the easy chair by 5:00. Will post some pictures soon!
    B&M Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Pro Staff
    TEAM BAIT PUMP
    MAGNOLIA CRAPPIE CLUB

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you had a good day. Please send some of your rain to Tenn. We had .3 in the whole month of May.
    Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
    Ronald Reagan -

Post Thanks / Like

That was a memorable day on Memorial Day. Some of your rain is in NC today and we appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like

Well done. I couldn't catch a crappie to save my life on Memorial Day. The big mouth bass were biting pretty good though so I can't really complain.

-S