Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: E-tech Info

Post Thanks / Like

Default E-tech Info

a buddy of mine is looking into getting a new boat for next year and the dealer is trying to talk him into going to the evinrude e-tech,,,250hp,,,anyone have any info on these,how durable?,fuel consumption?,,ect.he now runs a 250merc.pro/xs and as this maybe a dealer provided deal is unsure as which way to go,,,,thanks for your input,,,,fuzzy
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

In the March 2008 issue of Bass and Walleye Boats they tested an Evenrude E-Tec 250 HO on a Ranger Z520 Comanche. The best mileage was at 3000 rpm. It was 4.2 mpg and 34.2 mph. Top speed was 76.2 at 5750 rpm.

As far as durability don't have the slightest idea. This should at least give your friend something to start with. Of course mpg and speed will vary based on the boat and a lot of other factors. The rigged weight of the Ranger was 2555 lbs.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks,,he Has Always Run Merc.but This New Dealer He Is Being Moved(pro Staff) To Is Pushing The E-tec,,,,we Are Just Trying To Find Out Some Info From Those Who May Have Been Around /used/one,,,,like I Said Its One Of Those Pro Staff Things So It May Take What They Give And Be Happy,,,again Thanks For Your Resonse

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have one but from what I read about them at iboats.com I wouldn't hesitate to buy one.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I wish they make them in the 25hp or less range. No break-in. No dealer visit for the first 300 hrs. Sounds like Heaven
    Oh I could wrestle a monster fish

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

I Have Two Friends Of Mine That Both Of Them Have Had 3 Each In The Last Year!

Post Thanks / Like

I know a guy who had more than one E techs in the 225-250 range, and had both the motors blow up on him after about 60 hours. He is a competitive bass fisherman and was in the middle of Lake Norman and had to get back to the dock with just his trolling motor.
    Son of Racoon, Friend of whiskerwhipper, FHB to all.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2007 150hp E-tec That I have used for 2 seasons - no problems. Even in the colder weather, it starts with the first switch of the key - no cranking to speak of. No primming of the bulb, no choke,etc. They are also self-winterizing. Just follow a specific procedure on the start, it takes about 1.5 minutes. The motor is quieter than most others I see and hear on the lake. Gas mileage is way better than my 40hp pontoon. On a 30 mile run, the pontoon would take 10+gallons. Same run and the E-tec uses close to 5gallons. The pontoon would take about 2hours and the e-tec takes about 45 minutes. The E-tec isn't cheap, but I would buy another.
    Sam in PA and FL

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the replies