Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Opinions on P-Line Premium ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Opinions on P-Line Premium ?

I've used Trilene XL 4 # test forever. Was looking at the P-line Premium which 4# is thinner and claims to be strong ,limp, and abrasive resistant.Can anyone comment on how the two compare ? Looking for castablity and strength. -Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

"P-Line's CX Premium Fluorocarbon Coated Line is one of the most innovative lines available, combining copolymer and fluorocarbon technologies. With low memory and improved limpness, CX Premium eliminates the line nightmares of a spinning reel, and improves casting distance with a baitcasting reel. The fluorocarbon-silicone coating virtually eliminates water absorption, so cold water and weather have little effect on line performance. With as much as 30% less stretch than average lines, it has increased sensitivity to detect and react to even the most subtle strikes. This great all-purpose premium line is available in clear fluorescent and moss green." I also see Hi vis yellow there.

I don't quite get the reason for the Fluorocarbon with this line. The one reason for Fluorocarbon living is that it is invisible and all these lines are either colored or fluorescent. Now I have fond memories of P-Line as being the first copolymer line I ever used. It was amazingly tough and low stretch, but was too coily and thick. I loved the properties of copoly and eventually found thinner, limper brands which I have used ever since, totally abandoning any other type of line. If P-Line could build a thin, limp, strong, abrasion resistant, invisible, low stretch line that eliminates the literal weaknesses of Fluorocarbon, I would happily return to using it, but it has some real competition out there with Gamma.
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 11-26-2008 at 03:35 AM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

That is all I have been using - great line. I have 6lb test on most of my reels and it is much smaller diameter than other 6lb line. I found it to be extremely tough - I have pulled several large bass out of the weeds with it - no problems. When I get snagged and decide to break off, I usually have to cut it - my rods bend and the line just holds. I don't see the need to go to 4lb.
    Sam in PA and FL

Post Thanks / Like

I use the 6lb but no higher. The 8lb seems to be unruly, but 6lb is great. Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Flurocarbon coated is not the same thing as flurocarbon line. I'd go full or nothing, coated just runs the price up for nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pop View Post
    I use the 6lb but no higher. The 8lb seems to be unruly, but 6lb is great. Pop
    So 4 lb. and 6 lb. is pretty limp and low memory ?

MNJeff Guest

This is the only line I use. The line has very low memory in my experience, even the 12 and 15 pound test. An all around great line.