Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E.f.

Post Thanks / Like

Default E.f.

heading to eastfork in the morning, has anyone been fishing the river? i fish out of a smal john boat and trying to decide if i should put in on that side or put in near the damn, any info would be great. last time i went was two weeks ago any info or insight would be great. thanks and God bless.

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Post Thanks / Like

The bite is good in the river. also cabin run, and macedonia I went sunday with starvin fisherman & Ricky D the hole upper end is great !! Starvin had a 13.5 white we also had a limit of blacks 12"-12.5" Good luck & be safe.
    Last edited by Yates; 11-25-2008 at 06:57 PM.
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

thank you yates i think i will give the river a shot, i am kinda limited to the distance i can fish because it takes me for ever to get where i am going in my little boat, when you say macedonia are you refering to the area near the ramp off of reiseinger rd? is the upper end where the campers beach and boat ramp is ? this is really kinda the first fall i have crappie fished eastfork(usally catfishing or crappie tanners creek area on the river with my dad) and am trying to learn a little more about eastfork. thanks again for the help. God bless.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes macedona is off reiseinger rd. but that ramp is closed
    cabin run is the cove at the camper ramp. Try that cove in the center 2 to 2.5 ft deep
    good luck!
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

thank you a ton yates i really do appreicate it i will let you know how its goes for me, and thanks again for sharing some of you knowledge. God bless.

Post Thanks / Like

went this morning and had a great day caught a bass, several hybrids, 2 huge bluegill, a real small muskie (yes they are there), and a ton of crappie, biggest was 14.5 inches had 3 that measured 13 inches and countless 10 inchers. fished the cove right by the campground boat ramp and fished the river. good luck and God bless to all

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeepguyjames View Post
    went this morning and had a great day caught a bass, several hybrids, 2 huge bluegill, a real small muskie (yes they are there), and a ton of crappie, biggest was 14.5 inches had 3 that measured 13 inches and countless 10 inchers. fished the cove right by the campground boat ramp and fished the river. good luck and God bless to all
    I hope you took your dad with you, good to hear you had fun. Larry
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I was there this morning also, Caught and released around 30 crappie,1 catfish and a bass. Nothing big at all. They all looked like twins 9 and a half to 10 inchers. I fished the coves around Macedonia area, Really only found 1 productive bank. In hindsight I should have stayed there all day and would have caught a lot more. I fished standing timber all day and really only caught fish out off of the banks? Is this the pattern you have been seeing? Water temp was anywhere from 42 to 47 degrees, with the most productive area being 43 deg. Fishing minnows and slip rigs around 2 to 3 feet deep. All in all a good day. Makes me wonder why I don't go there more often. It's right at an hour's drive away for me. I sure wish we had that lake here where I live. Thanks for your help and guidance and Happy Thanksgiving!!!
    Last edited by kycreek; 11-27-2008 at 08:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know what time Sherrie's or Boarshead opens tomorrow? I may go in the morning but it has to be early.
    Last edited by crappiemax; 11-27-2008 at 07:59 AM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like

Sherry's is open around 7am. Gary is usually in there around 6:30-6:45 though. They are a deer check station, so he's there around daylight. I haven't been to the Boars Head in a while. I live right across the street more or less from Sherry's. Boars Head phone # is 724-1211 if you'd rather put in over there.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast