Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bobbers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bobbers

I have just started to slo troll and my wife thinks if you ain't got a bobber you cannot fish. Does anyone troll using Bobbers? Do you use weighted? Which bobber do you recommend. Size? When I am by myself I do not use the bobber but I like for her to go when she wants.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a slip cork most of the time and I prefer to use an unweighted cigar shaped cork that is 3" or less.
    Birddog,

I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Post Thanks / Like

Real men troll for crappie and don't use Bobbers.

Post Thanks / Like

Come on now Booger. My wife is not a real man. Maybe we can fish together again after the first of the year. I see you are bored today to.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldwun View Post
    I have just started to slo troll and my wife thinks if you ain't got a bobber you cannot fish. Does anyone troll using Bobbers? Do you use weighted? Which bobber do you recommend. Size? When I am by myself I do not use the bobber but I like for her to go when she wants.
    check out the latest crappieworld magazine. there was an article in there about trolling. some guide on reelfoot uses bobbers while trolling
    Remember "I" before "E," except in Budweiser

Post Thanks / Like

I have heard that it is done all the time at kerr lake va. To give a person a moment to grab the pole before the crappie feels much resistance, and also because some of them use 14-20 foot telescopic fiberglass cane pole type poles, and since they don't have a reel to adjust the depth, then that is done with the bobber. hope I got this right. the only problem I see is that the bobber would get pushed closer to the boat than normal. negating the pole length some. but there are some legendary crappie fishermen doing this.

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of people spider rig using floats. Most use fixed cigar floats with their poles set close to the water with a couple feet of free line. Works good in shallow water.

Post Thanks / Like

Alot of guides (and others) use them here at Reelfoot. Mostly becasue its easier for people that dont spider rig to know when they get a bite. They also say that when it is windy the waves move less than the boat does and it keeps the bait in a more fixed position. Myself I wouldnt use them if you paid me to, but for your wife it should be just fine!

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldwun View Post
    I got the same problem. She want fish without bobbers. I will use a bobber on occasion in rough water. Use it more as a reference to located the end of the pole.

I guess some of us are just girly guys.:o
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

The term is "girly men" and if using this advantage to catch a few fish is girly what would you call women that don't use corks?
    Birddog,

I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast