Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good way to get out of work here.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Good way to get out of work here.

I was supposed to paint some this spring, but.....................

Honey ain't much help. Sucking up my beer as I labor away.

Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Yup ....you are covered .... Robins are considered song birds and are protected, now if ya wanna milk it ..... go to a craft store and get you some tiny lil blue eggs and put them in the nest after the babies leave .
    Then all you gotta do is swear and be dammed they are gonna hatch a second clutch !! :D
    Jim McIntyre
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

If your lucky a morning dove will move right in. Used to have two broods two species in same nest above sidewalk.

Post Thanks / Like

If honey needs any help let me know. I can help her watch you watch the birds.:D Maybe even open a cool one for her if watching gets to tiring.:rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

OK, shows about over....BACK TO WORK!

TAKE THAT PETA!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, Cane Pole you and I had the same idea. I hunted high and low to find an empty bird's nest for our old backyard shed so my wife wouldn't make me tear the old shed down for the new and improved shed I promised last year to build her. Crappie were calling out to me, you see.

I finally found an empty nest and placed it where I thought was a good place and promptly told her there was a bird's nest in the shed and I needed to wait until the eggs were hatched and the birds were gone before I tore it down.

That lasted for about three weeks. Fishing was great. Then one day I came home from fishing and found my bird's nest sitting on the table on our deck with a note scribbled in my wife's handwriting saying "Where's the eggs?"

I started on the new shed the next day.

Post Thanks / Like

You guys ain't right!!!!!!!!. Cane pole, when you come home from fishing next week you might find honey went an bought another ladder, then what, find another nest.

Post Thanks / Like

Birds can sure build a nest fast. Last Friday evening while hooking my trailor to my truck, I noticed there was some leaves,twigs and such in the end of the tongue of the trailor. It was a bird nest,I do not know how long it has been there but I don't think it had been there long. I'm sorry, that nest had to go.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a family of Mocking birds that build a nest in my holly trees each spring.

Then I have a lot of robbins around the yard. I was at the kitchen window the other morning and noticed a robin sitting on my deck's railing right next to the house under my kitchen window. I watched her for a minute before she started attacking the mop that I left hanging on the railing. She was pulling the strings out of my mop head and taking them to build her nest somewhere. I had to put a stop to that. But now I need a new mop. Seems that they have been stealing my mops strings for some time now. Mop is about half gone. LOL
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishnbuddy
    Well, Cane Pole you and I had the same idea. I hunted high and low to find an empty bird's nest for our old backyard shed so my wife wouldn't make me tear the old shed down for the new and improved shed I promised last year to build her. Crappie were calling out to me, you see.

I finally found an empty nest and placed it where I thought was a good place and promptly told her there was a bird's nest in the shed and I needed to wait until the eggs were hatched and the birds were gone before I tore it down.

That lasted for about three weeks. Fishing was great. Then one day I came home from fishing and found my bird's nest sitting on the table on our deck with a note scribbled in my wife's handwriting saying "Where's the eggs?"

I started on the new shed the next day.

Fishnbuddy .... again I say go to the craft store and get you some lil blue , or brown eggs ..... !!! Fish to your hearts content ....trust me they'll never hatch !! :D
    Jim McIntyre
    [email protected]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast