Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Email from the U.S. PIRG

Post Thanks / Like

Default Email from the U.S. PIRG

Dear U.S. PIRG supporter,

Two weeks ago, I asked you to urge your U.S. Representative to stop the Bush administration's proposal to allow barely treated sewage to be dumped into lakes, rivers and streams. Your emails and calls over the past couple of months on this issue were so effective that the Bush administration withdrew its proposal just hours before the House of Representatives was scheduled to vote on it. Then, just to make sure that the Bush administration stuck to its decision, the House voted unanimously to prevent the sewage dumping proposal from becoming law - even if the Bush administration changes direction. Everyone who took action on this issue deserves big congratulations and thanks.

One of the best things about this victory was that it proved the power of your e-activism - in its press release, the Bush administration specifically cited the 98,000 comments it had received about this issue, many of them sent by people like you in response to our email, as one of the major reasons it decided to drop this policy!

For more information on our win, check out this article in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette which quotes David Masur, the executive director of our Pennsylvania affiliate: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05140/507705.stm

Sincerely,

Gene Karpinski
    U.S. PIRG Executive Director
    [email protected]
    http://www.USPIRG.org
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe there is hope. I never emailed my Senators or congressman before this year but I have begun to get proactive recently. Maybe they do listen to us. I am very encouraged to hear that this congress can be address and that they will respond to our concerns about water pollution. Maybe there is hope afterall.

Water pollution, Air Pollution and Land Pollution is an issue that effects everyone rich or poor, large or small. We all must continue to watch out for the environement that we all live in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake
    Dear U.S. PIRG supporter,

Two weeks ago, I asked you to urge your U.S. Representative to stop the Bush administration's proposal to allow barely treated sewage to be dumped into lakes, rivers and streams. Your emails and calls over the past couple of months on this issue were so effective that the Bush administration withdrew its proposal just hours before the House of Representatives was scheduled to vote on it. Then, just to make sure that the Bush administration stuck to its decision, the House voted unanimously to prevent the sewage dumping proposal from becoming law - even if the Bush administration changes direction. Everyone who took action on this issue deserves big congratulations and thanks.

One of the best things about this victory was that it proved the power of your e-activism - in its press release, the Bush administration specifically cited the 98,000 comments it had received about this issue, many of them sent by people like you in response to our email, as one of the major reasons it decided to drop this policy!

For more information on our win, check out this article in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette which quotes David Masur, the executive director of our Pennsylvania affiliate: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05140/507705.stm

Sincerely,

Gene Karpinski
    U.S. PIRG Executive Director
    [email protected]
    http://www.USPIRG.org
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Your welcome Mr. Blake, I e-mailed my Senator and Congressmen on this issue. And they responded back to me. I must admit that I do not follow the Al Gore enviromental policies but, I do know we need clean air and water.

Post Thanks / Like

Years ago I was very active in the NC BASS Federation and contacted state officals and elected officals on a regular basis. I had gotten away from that until I got email. Now I use email all the time to make my views known to elected officals that will be voting on an issue. That can be oil drilling in Alaska, trade with China or a new school in my county. Someone reads it because I usually get a reply. I don't want anyone to vote based on the number of comments or complaints they receive, but I do want them to hear all sides of an issue and vote their conscience.