Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Closest "Frazier Fur" tree farm to Ga.???

Post Thanks / Like

Question Closest "Frazier Fur" tree farm to Ga.???

My wife is dying for a Christmas tree before her family gets here for Thanksgiving. Do any of you know of a Tree farm that grows Frazier Furs close to Ga.? I called a man named Lamar James that's just above Dillard, Ga. and he will not be open for the public till next weekend. I'm really hoping to take the family to cut a tree this weekend.
    To heck with work, lets go fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with finding one. The wife will have me putting ours up this weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Score, there is a Christmas tree farm down here in Cordele. I know thats a long way away but if I can be of any help let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

No Frazier Fur farms in Ga,unless it's in extreme N. Ga,most grow Leyland Cypress,Virginia Pine,Red cedars the like,Fraziers come from NC. Wife's family has a big tree farm in Byron,but they don't open til Thanksgiving day.
    Last edited by Outlaw1&2; 11-22-2008 at 11:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

We Bought A Fiber-Optic Tree About 7yrs Ago....Expensive but pretty,durable and safe... It changes colors constantly (very cool)....Fixing to get it out tommorow..... If you see us with a real tree, we'll have a block tied to it and heading to the lake:D:D:D

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

there is a christmas tree farm here on the south side of atlanta. maybe you can haul the boat and use it as an excuse to haul it... and turn into a fishing trip to jackson also...

Post Thanks / Like

Score, May be too late for you but this weeks Market Bulletin has a special section of tree farms in GA, addresses, and types of trees. None listed a Frazier Fir. There is also a Christmas Tree Assoc you could check. I think you may have to drive almost to Franklin, NC to find a fir. Good Luck, Jim