Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: test picture

Bob G is offline Moderator Keystone Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default test picture

Last edited by Bob G; 06-01-2005 at 07:37 AM. Reason: did not work first time, or second time, make that a third time sorry.
    Bob Griffith
    Ice Team Power Stick
    Clam Corp. Pro Staff
    Keystone Crappie Association member

Post Thanks / Like

BobG......Go to the top of this page and click on "Articles"....check out the article on posting pics on crappie.com. It will be on the left.

Bob G is offline Moderator Keystone Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

labill, thanks.
    Bob Griffith
    Ice Team Power Stick
    Clam Corp. Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Now you nailed Bob - nice pics! What's the story behind them?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Zig
    Now you nailed Bob - nice pics! What's the story behind them?
    The story goes like this: Sunday was a nice day unlike saturday which cody(my son) and I fished yellow creek and got drenched! Zig, you will be interested to know that I only caught one crappie at yellow creek and it took me two and a half hours to catch it. any way, I decided to take the kids to Crooked Creek for a couple of hours in the evening on sunday. We fished here and there with no luck. I knew of a tree over yonder(sorry Zeke) that always has little ones hanging around. We went to the tree and my daughter was having a good time and so was my son catching the little ones. I wanted something a little bigger. The lake was up a couple of feet from the rain we had so I decided to fish in the tree since I had one of zigs weedless jigs on. I put a two inch chartreuse yum solid body tube jig on along with a minnow. I found a pocket in the limbs and lowered the jig in it made it about three feet and it got pounded. The single fish my daughter is holding was my reward. Next, I put a crappie nibble on the jig and sent it down in another pocket I lowered it about 5 feet and it got slammed. I wrestled that fish until it got hung in the branches about two feet down. The fished looked to be about two pounds and then it came off the hook. I put the jig back in and nailed another fish and that one got hung in the branches and came off also.
    I kept fishing in that tree and picked up a few small ones and the two that were in the other picture. All in all it was a good evening.
    Fished again on monday morning in the rain and did not do to well. I caught a couple of keepers that are pictured and quite a few monster bluegills. All the fish were released.
    Bob Griffith
    Ice Team Power Stick
    Clam Corp. Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Those males still look dark - We have the same thing here, spawn still active.
    Nice pics - way to go Cody!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bob G
    labill, thanks.
    Glad to help, Bob G....but the smiles on the kid's faces was more than enough!!

Post Thanks / Like

I think the fish are trying to get the spawn done. I picked one of the males off a bed with a slider jig. I picked up quite a few males shallow sunday evening. Alot of the hens that I picked up had eggs in them. One of the hens that Cody caught was releasing her eggs all over him. It was a small one around 8 inches he released her hopefully some of the eggs will get fertilized.
    Bob Griffith
    Ice Team Power Stick
    Clam Corp. Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like we need to find out where they go in the summer on Yellow Creek......................................