Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: How to Mount a Downrigger on Pontoon

Post Thanks / Like

Default How to Mount a Downrigger on Pontoon

Hey guys, I'm hoping some of you can help. When I troll for crappie I longline but I'm wanting to troll for striper and trout. I have a 24 foot pontoon that has furniture along the back so I'm limited as to where I can mount a downrigger. I'm looking for suggestions as to where and how I could mount the downrigger. Does anybody mount downriggers onto the square rail and how stable is that? If I could find a mount that mounted to the deck next to the rail and extended to the height of the rail that would be perfect but I haven't been able to find one. Can anybody help me find a solution? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

i would find a shop that can weld aulm and have the take a plate and put 2 legs coming down at a 45% anyways you get the idle wouldnt even cost that much maybe 50 or 60 bucks
    Alan

Post Thanks / Like

Bring it by here and I'll weld it for ya !
    "Teach a man to fish = he can feed himself "
    "Teach the world to fish = you won't have any fish left to eat "

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Phantom, send me a pm if you would be willing to do it and ship it to me. Include pricing please. Thank You.

Post Thanks / Like

i would say you would need to get a tape out befor he made anything
    Alan

Post Thanks / Like

Cleon, I troll for Hybrids on my local lake using downriggers. I'm fishing out of a bass boat, but purchased two downrigger mounts from tite-lok that slide right into the same tracks I use for my spider rigging rod-holders.

The majority of boats out there trolling with me are pontoons. I see those guys with as many as 6 downriggers rigged on the railings. I'm sure if you do some google searching you can find all the info you need on it.

Get ready for some fun. I've caught so many more fish since I began using the downriggers. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Take a look at these mini downriggers from Cabelas. I plan to try a pair of these on my bass boat. They mount to a rod holder mount.

Attwood Mini-Rigger : Cabela's