Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dularge specks 11/20/08

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dularge specks 11/20/08

We went to the Dularge area Thursday and it was a beautiful day. The only problem was “ NO “ wind. We headed to the canals and started catching fish, but we could not handle the gnats. We had every kind of bug repellant I thought would work, including new stuff. We had to leave and headed to Sister's Lake, caught a bunch of school trout, no keepers. Fished some other bays caught a few small reds and trout. My fishing buddy,” Tony”, caught a large red, 15 LBS plus. Mr. Red was photographed and released. The gnats were even bad in the bays. Later during the day, after much praying to the” wind gods,” the winds picked up ahead of the approaching cold front. We went back to my favorite canals and limited out on specks, 13" to 16". Caught everything on the Salt Water Assassin “Electric Chicken 4”, bouncing it off the bottom. Caught a few more reds, released them, but did keep a nice flounder.

"Don't take life so serious After all, It's not Permanent"

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish. Picked up some of those Saltwater Assassins the other day, doesn't look like I'm gonna make it to the beach though.

Post Thanks / Like

Greg, Congrats on the catch. Sounds like yall had alot of fun despite the knats... May have to invest in one of them screen hunting hats. Thanks for the post/pics
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

Default dularge or ?

Hey Gregd, nice fish, I posted the other day about fishing for sacs around the ville platte area, got a few suggestions but I hear the marsh is hot right now. What launch did you use to go in dularge and where is it located? I've never fished there and might try to also squeeze in a day of fishing with my dad out there. I've fished out in the rigolets in slidell but really no where else down south. Any info is appreciated. thank you Tim

Post Thanks / Like

man ..ya'll killin me!!...nice catch Greg!
    I support catch and eat! :D

Post Thanks / Like

slabslayer73.

I will check the hwy numbers to the boat landing. The location is south of Theriot .
    The boat ride is a little tricky, navigating to the spots that I fish. I would use a gps and bring a "push pole". I run across several flats that are very shallow, less than a foot deep, when headed to the deeper canals. I also carry a pair of heavy wire cutters in case I hit a crab trap without a float. Just trying to give you a heads up on this place . LOL . A map of the area listing Bayou Dularge and Lake Mechant would be a start. There are good areas to fish not that far from the boat launch. I will send you a PM Sunday.

Greg
    Last edited by Gregd; 11-22-2008 at 10:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Kajun,

How is the speck fishing in your area? My dad was from Pensicola. As a kid we fished for King Mackerel every summer in Destin (we drove there from Baton Rouge). Never fished for specks. Great memories . Destin has really changed in fifty years. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

its terrible...there are here but no where in the numbers/size that La. has.....limit is 1 redfish ...5 specks....not even worth the gas/time to fish for them. i have been here over a year and yet to catch a limit of specks......only good fishing here is way offshore and in summer time the king and spanish macks...but that got old very quick......i'll be fishin Big Lake regularly in about 9 months though
    Last edited by Kajun; 11-22-2008 at 11:00 PM.
    I support catch and eat! :D

Post Thanks / Like

Kajun,

Check out Louisianasportsman.com. The reports on Big Lake have been really good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kajun View Post
    its terrible...there are here but no where in the numbers/size that La. has.....limit is 1 redfish ...5 specks....not even worth the gas/time to fish for them. i have been here over a year and yet to catch a limit of specks......only good fishing here is way offshore and in summer time the king and spanish macks...but that got old very quick......i'll be fishin Big Lake regularly in about 9 months though
    Hey I hate to see you miss out on some great spec fishin in the PC area (I live over at Freeport) ... There is no end to the places ... I guess you have not hit the right ones at the right time ... As far as limits go I know that is tough but in the Red Fish You would not belive the increase in the numbers in the last years since they put the limit on ... Right now head for the rivers and the creeks with this cooler weather they are moving in .. the hot water canal over at South Port gets really good about this time ... there are some restrictions on fishing there and I don't know what they are ... you can find out localy .. Don't miss out on some good fishing and now is the time.

JSC
    JSC On The Choctawhatchee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast