Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: No duck hunting~Locals angry

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation No duck hunting~Locals angry

From what i saw on TV tonight ,The Louisiana Wild life and Fisheries has closed Duck hunting on the Louisiana Delta Plantation.According to news report WildLife&Fish said the fields were not harvested due to Hurricane,,,so fields were considered baited.News report showed fields on this plantation that were harvested after hurricane an said they were still considered baited.This has hurt a number of the local business in Jonesville La.:People came from all over, including other states to hunt the delta.It was a boost to the economy of the very small town of Jonesville.The hurricane was an act of nature(not baiting).With the declining numbers of sportsman this was another bad decision by our W&F Dept....Seems like now a days closing is their answer for alot of things.
    Last edited by BULLFROG-1; 11-22-2008 at 01:30 AM. Reason: spelling
    I PRACTICE CATCH & FRY---DONT EVERYBODY ? Thumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

Man you folks got messed over big time

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

That's not right...wow. What about all the "bait" that gets missed after harvest?

Post Thanks / Like

Think the Feds did the closing.

Post Thanks / Like

We already hurting from 2 back to back hurricanes and a depressed economy and now this~huh.What about the bottoms along the Mississippi river that are full of acorns that attracts ducks when the river is at high water stages..Should duck hunting be closed in all states are areas that have food???NO NO Only in Louisiana! What about the farms in the corn belt that produce so much corn that the lay plastic on the ground and dump corn on it,,,??this attract millions of ducks and geese,,should these areas be closed~~the answer is no no no ~~~~so why close the delta?????
    I PRACTICE CATCH & FRY---DONT EVERYBODY ? Thumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

If it is the same place, I have read a lot of articles from the Delta, thought I would like to hunt there sometime, to me it is no different than hunting over sunflower fields planted by the state for dove hunting, I think that is wrong of them to do that to you folks.