Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bad withdrawal tube on Tempo gas tank

Brooksville, FL (Originally from Terre Haute, IN.)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bad withdrawal tube on Tempo gas tank

My p/u tubes on each of my Tempo 13 gallon tanks had became brittle at the elbow and split, thus allowing air in. Tried to find replacement kits, but found out that Tempo had gone out of business over a year ago and that the equipment to manufacture tanks was purchased by Moeller. They did not purchase the parts and I could not find the company that did.

I was able to go to my automotive store and pick up the parts needed. Did this for a little of $7.00. When I install the new p/u tubes, I am going to seal around the hose with PL2000.

Any suggestions?

Chuck
    Last edited by chuckauten; 11-21-2008 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Spelling in title
    From Steve Wunderele - 10-2-84 --"A fishing trip maybe brief, but it's memories are endless."

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

That will work, glad you got it fixed with out having to buy a new tank!!!
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Brooksville, FL (Originally from Terre Haute, IN.)
    Post Thanks / Like

Couldn't show it, but wrapped a 1/4 inch rubber band around the gas tube, just under the top of the nut to help stop rain from entering. It's sad, but all of us who have Tempo products are out of luck. No place to buy parts, just buy a new tank and they are most of the time, they not the same size. To install a new tank, I would have to cut some of my fiberglass just so that I could install the tank. The previous owner did not use clamps to tie down, but made box for each tank so they would not slide around. Great workmanship, but limited me as to size.

Chuck
    From Steve Wunderele - 10-2-84 --"A fishing trip maybe brief, but it's memories are endless."