Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Going to try Falls tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like

Default Going to try Falls tomorrow

Its going to be COLD though. 22 for a low tonight. I got some new crappie magnet jigs to try. they are different than any I have used in the past. Anyone use them? Hope the fish are there. Going to hwy 50 area first.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck, and bundle up.

I'm deer hunting tomorrow. It's that time of year though, I sit in the tree stand thinking about crappie fishing lol. My hunting is winding down for the year, I'm ready to fish.

Let us know how your trip goes.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck hunting tomorrow. Had some chops last night. They were some kinda good too. Im gonna have to take up deer hunting I think. My father in law from Michigan is into it big. May go if they have a season when we get up there. All the meat we have is what he gave us. Its cold enough up there that he hangs his in the garage for a week or two before processing. Says that makes them more tendar. He probably right. Those chops last night were fork tender.

Post Thanks / Like

FishCrazy,

Falls has some cold looking whitecaps today!

Would love to hear a report back on how the crappie magnet jigs do (along with the color used).

Almost ordered some last month but ordered some sickle hook aspirin heads instead. Dipped the heads in several different colors and hot pink caught the most on Falls for me last week.

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

I bet it did splitshot. The wind is nasty out ther now. Supposed to calm down a bit tomorrow though. Still gonna be butt cold though. I got these jigs at walmart. Thought I would give them a try.

Post Thanks / Like

FC I am fishing the river in the morning - if you want to go let me know

Post Thanks / Like

CRAPPIE! Wish I had see this before now Redboat. I would have ditched the wife and dog and went with you. Oh Well. Thanks for the invite. I went over to Hwy 50 launch area at the spillway and fished all day. 1 cat, 2 bass 14 and 16, 3 crappie 10,11,12 and one racoon pearch and one 6 point buck. Deer walked within 150 feet of where I was fishing. Guy at the end of the day was trying to give me a buck he had shot that day. Gave a buddie I know from fishing there one but I declined. im no big hunter but think I should take it up cause I love eating it. The wife grew up on it up north. The deer he gave away had not been field dressed and I dont know how long it had been shot. My father in law is a big hunter and he always says he field dresses his immediately. You guys do that here? He seems to think of it as essential procedure. Anyway never having cleaned and processed one before I declined the offer while drooling. lol

Thought the fish would have been in the area better than they were but I guess its still a bit early for em there. Maybe next weekend they will pick up. Had fun freezin my butt of though anyways.