Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my mom had a miracle happen

Post Thanks / Like

Smile my mom had a miracle happen

my mom has had really bad eyes and wore glasses since she was 9 years old. in fact, WITH her contacts and glasses, she was seeing 2400/20. which means she had to be 400 times closer to something to see it the same as someone with 20/20. she had a procedure done at emory day before on wednesday and is doing great. this was not the laser surgery, it was much more complicated. they had to have a cataract doctor and a retina doctor for the operation to go well. she went for the check up yesterday morning and read the entire eye chart!!!! i about fell out of the chair. i couldnt read the bottom line from where i was sitting! she is now seeing 25/20 out of the eye they operated on and they say it will progressively get better over a month or so. she asked about what type of contacts she needed to wear after the surgery and surprisingly,they told her she wont have to wear glasses or contacts again!!!!! she is so happy! GOOD FOR HER!!

Post Thanks / Like

Praise GOD!! That is great news Allen. I am so proud for you and your mom.

Post Thanks / Like

Amen! That's great news thank you for sharing it.
    Birddog,

I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Post Thanks / Like

Praise God for the miracle in your moms life!!

Post Thanks / Like

That is great allen,glad to hear she is doing so well,I wish I could get something done with mine,never had a problem till I got 40,then blam I couldn't see,I hate wearing glasses.

Post Thanks / Like

That's great news. With all the bad news going on it's nice to hear about some good things happening to people.
    To heck with work, lets go fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

wonder if the doc's used the machines I used to work on before I got layed off on Monday.
    When they took her cataract out they replaced her lens with an IOL. She won't need to were glasses again. Maybe readers in a few years. She will have to return after about 6 months to get a laser treatment. Not to worry ,,everyone has to that has a IOL implant. Scar tissue grows on the back of the IOL and they focus a yag laser on it and after a few shots it's gone. It is only a one time deal.

Glad she is up and around

Post Thanks / Like

they explained it as the eye being like a peanut m&m.they had to take peanut out of the shell and put it back in attatched to the sides or sommething or rather. didnt get full details.

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

great to hear....

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Now she can see how purdy ye r
    CATCH FILLET

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast