Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing 11-19-08

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing 11-19-08

Temps were suppose to be in the upper 50's yesterday, with plenty of Sunshine and lite winds. I did my running around in the morning, and then headed to the lake about 2:30 started fishing about 3:30. Talked to a few guys that was fishing from boats and they said they was fishing along the dropoffs and only catching small Crappie. I have my boat put in storage for the winter so am just fishing off the Docks at the Marina. I started in 10-12 ft of water and didn't go any deeper. First cast and I noticed that my line jumped so I set a bobber about 5 ft and started catching some nice Crappie right away. Then they slowed down and I raised the bobber to 2-3 ft and started catching them again. When I stopped catching them I took the Bobber off and would drop my line back to the bottom and then real up a few feet and hold it for awhile and then reel up another 2 ft until I either got a bite or reached the top of the water. Then I dropped back down and started over again. Most of the fish that I caught I watched take the bait. I could see my bait about 3 ft down, just to where it would disappear. It takes catching about 10 fish to get a nice keeper for a ratio. The action was pretty lively most of the time. Several people came and fished off of the docks but didn't catch anything at all. I brought 10 nice Crappie home. I quit at 6:30 and had quite a bit of action in the 3 hours that I fished. The temps are dropping down into the 30's and 40's here this next week so may not be able to go anymore this year. I have to pick my days that I can go.
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like fun, my buddy is coming down from NE this weekend. Hopefully get on some slabs somewhere...
    Remember "I" before "E," except in Budweiser

Post Thanks / Like

It was 12 degrees here this morning. Hope that you can get on a good bite this week-end. Crappie are a little confused this year. Good Luck! The weatherman is calling for snow flurries here tomorrow.
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p