Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need Opinions On Outlaw Rods

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need Opinions On Outlaw Rods

I'm looking at buying three 12ft. Outlaw rods for spider rigging. I would like to hear everyone's opinion and your thoughts on other brands. I just retired and I'm about to rig my Stratos for crappie trolling....Thanks

Mike in Bama

Post Thanks / Like

I might be mistaken, but I think that is the brand that was talked about several months back. there was a man that said they asked him to be on the pro staff, so he got rid of all his other rods to be loyal to the brand and that was the last contact they would make with him. He couldn't even get any more rods, or even buy them, and couldn't make contact with anyone with the company. said that it was a decent rod tho. I have been curious about them too, and have considered giving them a try, grizzly jig co. advertizes them on their site. I would order from them because they are first rate in taking care of their customers.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a 10ft model for slow trolling. We can only use 2 rods at a time so i have that one and a Richard Williams model, same size. Both are very good rods. Hard to tell them apart as far as looks and feel. I can haul the slabs over the side with either of them. Both have the painted tip too.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

These are very good rods Tim Martin uses them on the pro circut he let me check them out. Very good feel and quality and they were 12 ft also .
    But i use the Basspro wally marshall 12ft they only cost 45.00 they work just fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies guys. Any imput on different rods is welcome, I haven't bought anything yet. I plan to shop at the new BPS in Leeds next week, after the crowds thin out a little

Post Thanks / Like

I was Outlaw Pro staff untill they disbanded I now have my own rods Home Page my 12 footers are the bomb for slow trolling they are a little stiffer and wont whip in the wind as bad as the outlaw 12 would

Post Thanks / Like

After much research and advice I ordered three B'n'M Pro Staff Trolling Rods this afternoon from Grizzly Jig. I think I did ok...

Roll Tide!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mike_3720 View Post
    After much research and advice I ordered three B'n'M Pro Staff Trolling Rods this afternoon from Grizzly Jig. I think I did ok...

Roll Tide!
    Mike
    You'll like 'em. Tried to buy outlaws last spring, both grizzly and outlaw had none. I went with the pro trollers and have really liked them.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536