Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: lost my BPS interest :(

Post Thanks / Like

Default lost my BPS interest :(

I don't know what it is but I've lost interest in Bass Pro Shops. I use to be amazed by it everytime I went when I was young but I dont get excited when I go there anymore. I guess the lackluster comes from the traffice around Concord Mills, ripped off by Tracker dealer when I bought my boat (found cheaper prices from local dealers such as Marshalls, Wateree Marine, Moncks Corner Marine, etc, on new boats of same design different brand with bigger outboard ) Christmas Chaos, and lack of "normal man's" tackle.
    Oh I could wrestle a monster fish

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bps

I went to a the BPS in Las Vegas and was not at all impressed by the prices.
    "Some days im Basstastic other days im crapptacular"

Post Thanks / Like

Just ordered some christmas stuff from Cabelas.com. By far my favorite store.

Post Thanks / Like

Whiskerwhipper, you need to find the joy of cabelas. I love to buy gear from them and I know that all products will be worth the money. I have bought hundreds of dollars of equippment from them, (mostly my bow, but plenty of other things) and they are great. Give them a try and I'm sure you will be impressed.

For me, however, going to BPS brings out my "inner child" (I'm 14 but it makes me feel 3!)

Besides, I've been to BPS about a hundred times
    Son of Racoon, Friend of whiskerwhipper, FHB to all.

Post Thanks / Like

You would think their prices would be lower. I don't make the drive anymore, twice was enough.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

I like Bass Pro but prefer Cabelas. I tend to buy more stuff from Bass Pro simply because I can drive to the store and actually hold the rod/reel/etc. in my hand.

That may change. We're supposed to be getting a Cabelas store sometime in '09.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Grizzly Jig Co.

I do business with Cabelas as they are within driving distance. I like their service and get items such as chest waders there
    When I am visiting any big box store I've figured out that there are no "buys" on split shot, hooks , floats, and the like.
    I prefer to order from reputable places like Grizzly Jig Co. that carry what I want at reasonable prices. ole Mike

Post Thanks / Like

I only get to go into BPS once maybe twice a year and will buy some stuff but I don't spend a lot. I like Cabelas.com as many other people here do, great customer service when I had a problem, they got it fixed no questions asked and waived all the shipping and handling costs. I agree also with giller, the quality you can get from c.com sponsors and members in my opinion surpasses that of the big box store.
    Goodnight Vienna...Pistols Firing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Several of our local sporting goods stores closed this year. Gander Mountain and BPS took their toll. The thing that bothers me is that both local places were cheaper on the same items almost across the board. My Summit climber was $60 cheaper, my bow set up was $125 cheaper and my WM TLS rods were $10 a piece cheaper at our local shops. people are fascinated with large Box Stores. I agree that I would rather buy at Cabelo's than BPS. BPS wants to charge you for the same shipping times Cabelo's gives you. Plus BPS never has what I go after in stock.

Post Thanks / Like

Well Oldwun...they can go back into business if Gander and Mtn. out em' out in Tenn. The Jackson store is presumbly closing after the first of the year. Problem with the big sales stores is that most of the people that work there aren't paind anything and they are usually college kids or retired folks. Most of em' don't use the products the sell and aren't familar with how they work. Most people want good service when they go to these stores and for the most part, don't receive it. The smaller shops take care of thier base customers and some like Grizzly Jig have made good sound business decisions to put out a catalog and go nationwide. Grizzly Jig also is a family owned business and those people fish! So when you ask them for advice you won't get that "calf staring at new gate" look as you do with bigger stores.

The Hound
    Last edited by CrappieHound; 11-20-2008 at 06:28 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast