Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How's Everyone Done This Year?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How's Everyone Done This Year?

Just took my first of the year, a big bodied buck with both "spikes" broken off about 2" long. He'll make some good burger though.
    Shot him walking in to my stand, got out of the car about 9:35, shot at 9:41. He was walking towards me, centered the .30-06 on his neck and squeezed, he ran towards me but passed about 15 yards from me and I squeezed again at him broadside. He went about 50 feet and piled up. Went to get the 4 wheeler and had 8-10 buzzards on him.

But he's done now, and I'm gonna rest.

How's everyone else doing?

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the easy kill, I had one like that a couple years ago, saw him as I walked to the stand and popped him. So far this year I killed some doves back in september, didn't even get to go during early archery, I was always on the road. In muzzleloader I missed a doe at about 110 yards. I hunt fully primitive, open sights, none of this modern inline,(not that there is anything wrong with those, I just enjoy the challenge) so she was at my furthest range. Rifle season opens this saturday morning, I've been so excited about rifle season since muzzleloader season ended, I can hardly sleep at night.
    Goodnight Vienna...Pistols Firing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I got a doe this year at 300 yards with my 7mm Rem Mag. She ran aout 20 yards.
    Son of Racoon, Friend of whiskerwhipper, FHB to all.

Post Thanks / Like

I have done ok so far. Got this guy during muzzleloader. Hoping for his daddy during gun season. I am just glad to be able to go. There is nothing like the anticipation and being outdoors.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Ive seen tons just not the one I want.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats guys. I shoot an inline ML without a scope and don't think I could hit a doe at 110 yards. That's a heck of a shot Perch Jerker. And that's a nice buck Lip Jerker.

Here's a pic. Never seen one with both horns broken off the same length. They don't look recently broken, he had been digging them into the ground for some reason.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, my pops can hit a deer at 450 yards, thats the max at our stand. In fact, he shot a nice 8 pointer at 440 last year.
    Son of Racoon, Friend of whiskerwhipper, FHB to all.

Post Thanks / Like

Where are ya hunting? We don't have anywhere to even have a shot of more than 190 where I hunt.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Having a fine season here. Killed a decent 8 pter. Also a doe with the bow. Seeing plenty of deer and more than usual # of bucks. My buddy had a shot at the wall hanger. Drew a few drops of blood but didnt get the deer. Hopefully, he pulled the rifle and didnt hurt the deer too much. We spent a few hours searching but only a drop of blood inside the woods and a couple drops in the field. Oh well, all we can do is hope the deer is still moving around and will poke his head out near one of us one more time.:rolleyes:
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have seen a ton of deer....my hunting friend and I looked at 10 different bucks last Wednesday..largest was a wide 7 pointer. Seeing mostly small basket rack 8's and 6's. Saw one shooter buck...8 pointer little over 18 inches wide inside...running a doe on Thursday before last. Never got a shot with the muzzleloader. Still looking for another bigger one...I have moved into hunting my honeyhole..hung a climber there yesterday. Next week, I will start taking out some nannies I expect.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast