Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Looking for product evaluators

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for product evaluators

We are looking for 10 product evaluators (5 from east of the Mississippi) to evaluate our new fishing light. It is based on the same technology as our just released UV light with very similar specs.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...tEyeflyer2.jpg

These units will be on long term loan, for honest evaluation input, with option to purchase after 30 days at fabrication costs only. Interested persons should reply to [email protected] with a breif discription of fishing experiance, habits and schedules. Crappie are a primary targeted species and the lights to be evaluated are adjusted in output therefore. Evaluation lights will be awarded based upon typical hours spent night fishing for crappie from May 24th to Jan 25th, and number of previous years doing so. All replies are subject to verification to insure honesty. Verification may result in interviews of family and or friends to insure credibility.

In other words, be HONEST guy's. After the evaluation period we will offer the new lights at a substantial savings to those registered on Crappie.com prior to this date only and donate a free light to the crappie.com web site owner to be distributed by drawing at his/her directive.

Take care all, and thanks for the lively discussions.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default hey Jumper

I checked into the construction of one of these high intensity led underwater lights. In fact, it thought I could build one much cheaper (for myself) than what you are advertising, but not so by much. Thought I would share this info.

Tom
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks.
    They are not cheap to produce. At least not good ones that work well. The green ones are less money and work far better than anything we have seen to date. Maybe someday the UV's will come down with the terrorist concerns being such that the industry is working hard at making them better all the time.

I'm curious though what you found when checking? Do you mind explaining?

Cheers...

Post Thanks / Like

My dock is lit well on the outside, and I use those clamp on lights that use regular bulbs 110v shining down into the well on the inside......Seems the light does help considerably .....

Post Thanks / Like

Default ok

Quote Originally Posted by Jumping Cholla Jigs
    Thanks.
    They are not cheap to produce. At least not good ones that work well. The green ones are less money and work far better than anything we have seen to date. Maybe someday the UV's will come down with the terrorist concerns being such that the industry is working hard at making them better all the time.

I'm curious though what you found when checking? Do you mind explaining?

I based all my calculations on this attatched high intensity led LUX chart. Looks like I would need at least 60 leds to match your lumen specification. At a buck a piece, no thanks.

Cheers...
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 01-10-2009 at 02:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Trade secret, but there is a way to only use 3 led's for the 360 lumen output. The green light we are currently testing has a lumen output of 1200 and uses only one, special led.
    Grouping 60 together has many other problems to overcome not to mention drawing over 2 amps to operate.

Today will be the cutoff for evaluation requests. Over the next week we will be contacting those selected.

Thanks...

Post Thanks / Like

Default check your caculator.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumping Cholla Jigs
    Trade secret, but there is a way to only use 3 led's for the 360 lumen output. The green light we are currently testing has a lumen output of 1200 and uses only one, special led.
    Grouping 60 together has many other problems to overcome not to mention drawing over 2 amps to operate.

Today will be the cutoff for evaluation requests. Over the next week we will be contacting those selected.

Thanks...
    I can hook up 60 led's and have a current draw of only 200 milliamps. That is .2 amps.

Post Thanks / Like

In series parallel you can to a 12 volt supply but if one led goes south you have just lost a large portion of the light. Use a small micro proccessor to configure each independantly and it will drive all to their max levels and not allow any to burn out. Should one start to get hot and draw more current it can cut the current back to it and give the others a little extra to share to make up the difference.