Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: layed off//lost the killer job

Post Thanks / Like

Default layed off//lost the killer job

Got layed off from my company on Monday along with about 200 other people.
    Maybe a while before I find work again. I was very very specialized, Fixed machines that Doctors used to remove cataracts. So my background since the mid 80's is repairing medical equipment.
    Looks like fishing gets set on the back burner and the boat gets a cover tossed over it. Just when the fishing is starting to get good
    I lost alot. Company car gone,insurance gone,paycheck gone
    I do tinker with small engines,lawn mowers,blowers,chainsaws etc.... So if anyone is around me that has a sick small engine ,,let me know

Post Thanks / Like

i hate to hear that man ill pray for ya and i hope ya find a job soon
    Alan

Post Thanks / Like

Keep your head up,and never stop fishing.Even in bad times catching a fish brings a smile.Who knows your next fish maybe attached to your next job.I'll be thinking about
    you.Keep us posted.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel your pain, got laid off myself last month. Hopefully we can weather these bad times and look forward to a brighter future. Mean while I'm traveling 1000 miles one way to the Talquin Slabfest, if I'm gonna go broke, I might as well go broke enjoying myself!

Post Thanks / Like

Just a few thoughts,,, You prolly got the tools & mechanical sense to clean/repair reels. If there isn't a business close already. Also you have a boat and knowledge of crappie fishing. Start a guide service. I was surprised to find out how many would love to have someone take them out and catch/learn to crappie fish. It starts out slow but, as you get more clients who give 'word-of-mouth' reccomedations well, it was GREAT for me. Stay close to the fishing world. <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear this you guys,I'm afraid this is a trend that's going over the country like wildfire.I hope and pray for this country and everyone in it.

Post Thanks / Like

man thats horrible. if you have computer skills and communication skills maybe you can work from home as i do alot when our business is slow. try this out. take the test and they will contact you. West at Home - Home-based Agent Customer Care Solutions. if hired, which they are doing alot of hiring right now, you will take orders through HSN, QVC, and SHOPNBC. averages about10 bucks an hour but it something ya know.

Post Thanks / Like

Dang laserdoc i hate to hear about you getting laidoff i' m gonna keep ya in my prayers
    Got crappie?:D

Post Thanks / Like

Hang in there Dave. Hopefully this economy will turn around soon!

Post Thanks / Like

My youngest son works in the auto industry. The good thing is it is all Toyota stuff. If was one of the Big 3 it would scare me. So far they have been doing pretty good and not laying anyone off. They are drug testing like mad and that has cost some people their jobs. That really doesn't bother me though. I retired form a medical tech job also. I did radiation diagnostic equipment. I have a great pension and up until last year great health insurance. The Medicare Advantage plans saved us concerning health insurance. My thought is none of you younger workers are going to have those benefits. And I can tell you it is almost impossible to have enough money when you retire. Pay off your house before you retire and have a reliable vehicle and cut up them credit cards. Those little hidden things soon eat into your savings. That along with what just happen to our 401's scare me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast