Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello, new guy here

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello, new guy here

My name is Rowland, and I live in Newport News, Virginia. I used to freshwater fish when I was a kid, but got married into a family with lots of big offshore boats and got out of freshwater and into saltwater. Had some kids, took them to some scout fishing derbys and fell in love with the freshwater all over again. I've been shore fishing all spring, a lot at Lee Hall Res, and have been hooking lots of crappie. Caught one today that was a pound or a little over. Figured I would check out the net and see if there were any crappie sites and found this one. Anyway, thanks for the read. Nice site about a great fish.
    Regards,
    Rowland

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi SkyChimp and welcome to Crappie.com. Don't forget to page down to the Virginia section and let us know the how, when and wheres about you fishing.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forums Rowland

Quote Originally Posted by SkyChimp
    My name is Rowland, and I live in Newport News, Virginia. I used to freshwater fish when I was a kid, but got married into a family with lots of big offshore boats and got out of freshwater and into saltwater. Had some kids, took them to some scout fishing derbys and fell in love with the freshwater all over again. I've been shore fishing all spring, a lot at Lee Hall Res, and have been hooking lots of crappie. Caught one today that was a pound or a little over. Figured I would check out the net and see if there were any crappie sites and found this one. Anyway, thanks for the read. Nice site about a great fish.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

OMG !!!!!! That has got to be the shortest Moose post since I've been on the site !!!! Welcome aboard ..... have a good stay ... you can learn alot from these guys/gals .

On a side note Moose you feeling ok ? :D
    Jim McIntyre
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the welcome, folks.

IBNFSHN, I've posted my first question at the Virginia forum. Nice that this site narrows it all down like that as one can get some real custom advice.

I just bought a new boat, a Tracker Grizzly 1448 14' jon with a 9.9hp 4 stroke Mercury and a Motorguide troller. No yacht, but a nice boat for me and my two young sons. Looking forward to getting back on the water. Hope I can get some advice on some crappie hotspots. Looking forward to posting my first crappie pictures here.
    Regards,
    Rowland

Post Thanks / Like

Hello, Rowland......welcome to the site. There's a bunch of good folks here, and many knowledgable crappie fishermen and gals. You're gonna like it here!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, Skychimp. Welcome to the board. You'll learn a lot here as well as meet a lot of really good people...well, most of them anyway. Ha! The boat you've got will get the job done just fine. Just remember to take your sons with you as much as you can. The memories you build will last forever.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome aboard
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

this is by far the best fishing website on the web. Just read read read all the people that know will tell you in here. A great site with a bunch of good people that share knowledge of the crappie.

Welcome Rowland.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Welcome

Welcome Skychimp! Great to have someone from Virginia on the board. I'm from Indiana. It's great to see all the active people. I'm sure you'll find your hotspots. I'm starting to find them around here. We limited out yesterday in Northern Indiana. Great time of the year. I've learned alot by reading the posts and asking questions. Keep it up!!! Sounds like you've got a great boat that will be a blast with your boys. Go get them! If you want to see a real stringer of crappie go to: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...5/Stringer.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast