Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Indiana Crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Indiana Crappie!

Just thought I'd share on the main board about our catch this morning. We hit them big time at Potato Creek Lake near Walkerton, Indiana. Caught them on minnows around the stickups. Mostly in about 5-6ft of water but some shallower. Great day to be on the lake. Happy Memorial Day!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Dang ...good job .... we went out in the rain this morning and all we managed were a bunch of green carp , trash fish , big ol ugly green fish ....hit a few gills but none to write home about ( unlike yesterday) , and I ain't hooked up with a crappie in 4 days of fishing ( mostly 'cause I've been rippin' on the gills )
    The Bass were hitting anything ...even the 4"ers were hitting my fly sized poppers ! Kind funny when the bass is only slightly bigger than your float !!

I think I'm gonna have to get back on the crappie soon , I'm loosing my touch .....glad ya had such a great day !!
    Jim McIntyre
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, ya got me pumped. I'm going out in the morning and can't wait.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Potato Creek Slab

Glad I could encourage you guys! We had our best luck just moving around from one stick up to the next. It looked to me that boats that just sat there didn't do well. My fishing buddy, Hank, caught the big fish of the day and I'll post it's picture for you guys. 13oz and 12". That's pretty big for up our way. Take plenty of minnows!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images