Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: muddy water

Post Thanks / Like

Default muddy water

I need a couple suggestions for fishing for our favorite fish in muddy water. I am going to be in pools 12 and 13 of the Mississippi. I have never fished for crappie in that muddy of water before. I usually slow troll use 1/16 oz jigs with plastic tubes and a crappie nibble. Should I be using a Road runner instead? Does the extra thump from the spinner help?

Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Default Glow Skirts

I've had very good success this year using glow skirts at 6-10ft in 12-16ft deep muddy water. They really liked the pink/chart tail tubes with chart. crappie nibbles. Used 1/32 jigheads in still water and 1/16 where there was a little current. Once I got them biting, I'd leave off the crappie nibbles until they slowed down or quit and then put'em back on. Fishing Red River in Louisiana, but it's colored alot like the Mississippi. Got the skirts from www.barlowstackle.com, but I've seen that Bass Pro has some in their catalog. Hope this helps and that you catch all you can haul.
    Catch and Release: Catch the slabs and Release the little'uns

Post Thanks / Like

I dunno, as much as the water will be moving in the ol' Miss ....my guess ( only a guess) would be to step up to a 1/4 jighead with the glow tubes !
    Jim McIntyre
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing muddy water

A couple years ago I was fishing 10 to 12 ft deep doing real good. Then the rains came and muddied up the creek. Took me alittle while to figure them out. Switched to a Big Head Jig www.bigheadjigs.com black head with black tube with chartreuse glitter tail. Had to hold the jig almost motionless to get a bite. Hope this helps.
    2018 Triton 18TX 115 ProXS 4 Stroke
    4-HDS 9 Touch
    ACC CRAPPIE STIX