Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on new sub-forum

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Opinions on new sub-forum

Do you think it would be beneficial to have a sub-forum under the electronics forum just for side imaging?
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

no
    Yodibuzz

Scrapper is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II - Moderator Mechanics forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it would be as that is a technology that many are using now, and few have mastered.

I also think a subforum for "images and interpretations" would be beneficial. Post pics of screens and screen shots and interpret or allow others to interpret what you are seeing. Anyone can turn a fishfinder on and find a brush pile...but there are some that can tell you what they are made of, how they are laying, how dense they are, and if there are fish holding in them. Kind of like the older units...There are folks that can find brush and such with a flasher.... HOW THE HECK!! lol. Thats awsome to me. I think you have a good idea.
    "But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 25:15

Post Thanks / Like

If the electronics forum had more active post I would say yes but as it stands now there is really not enough post to warrant another sub forum.

PB Wht. Crappie 2.48 lbs 02-12-2011

Post Thanks / Like

IBNFSHN wrote- Do you think it would be beneficial to have a sub-forum under the electronics forum just for side imaging? - Plse don’t take this as an insult but a side imaging site would basically be a HB site right? Haven’t read of too many towfish operators on this site—I think that as a MOD proposing this you should of first told us of your position on this & what is –if any- your connection to HB, sponsored by ?, or such. I say this only because I have gotten some unhappy responses from my dislike of HB’s SlowGPS system & their poor/none customer service dealing with this issue (also MOB Safety), in the past. From things said I strongly feel these folks had more than crappies on their mind(?).
    That said there is a side imaging site that is run by folks with a tie to HB & HB’s people do visit to help answer questions which has been very helpful! (Except for ??)
    I believe Scrapper has a great idea in Quote- I also think a subforum for "images and interpretations" would be beneficial. Post pics of screens and screen shots and interpret or allow others to interpret what you are seeing. Unquote. This would be ALL fishfinder images I hope, and No I don’t think I should vote….
    Thanks for letting me express my view, & I wish I could fish with 99.93% of you…….
    Last edited by jaxsprat; 11-17-2008 at 02:30 PM.
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheese and Rice!:rolleyes: There you go Bill. Try to be nice and you are now a super sluth spy with a hidden agenda.

Anyway. I vote no. Just because I don't like breaking up similar topics. It wastes time trying to hit different forum sub-threads. I wish more could be combined. Then I can click it open, look it over and be done instead of searching more rooms.

But I am a weird one, I know. I am not even a fan of sticky thread at the top of pages. Because they are always there, I get used to them and my eyes move right on down to the new stuff. I then miss anything new added to a thread kept up top.

Bill, please, I mean....come on....if you are secretly sponsored by HB, shouldn't you atleast own a SI unit. Get with the program Ole Man!

Dayton

Post Thanks / Like

By new sub forum, do you mean a forum for submarines, then I'm all for it.

Post Thanks / Like

:rolleyes: hehe I like subs. This is making me hungry.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Soon as my new 1197 comes in I would probably try to find out some info on it, but don't have a clue right now mow much discussion even goes on at that board.

Can't wait to get that thing!

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

No to the subforums. That's what threads are for. Everything is divided enough. You can just make a thread for pictures/images and the interpretations.

Not to rain on your parade or anything Scrapper. :D
    J

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast