Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guess what started.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Guess what started.

Yeah its winter. A buddy of mine and I went out in this junk tonight walleye fishing. They often go on a feeding binge in this weather before ice up. I drove through 8 inches of snow on the roads to the lake. There was a foot to drive through on the way back. I'm not sure why the plows weren't out. Friend was already there. On my first cast I get a 10 lb walleye. WAP! We are laughing like a couple little kids thinking we are going to have a slammer. He has a digital camera in his coat and snaps a shot of me weighing the fish. We then fish for another hour while it snows another 4 inches on our heads and we don't get another bite. It was still fun. Pretty sure we were the only nutjobs fishing within 100 miles. Friend says he will send the pic tomorrow from work and I'll post it.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Snow

Yaaaaay! Santas comming. Time to get out the ice skates.
    I almost wore shorts today but is was barely 80 degrees here.
    "Some days im Basstastic other days im crapptacular"

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see you are enjoying that stuff GRIZZ. I'm sitting in Mildenhaul England waiting to Jump on the Jet to head home. Stopped here on our way back from Turkey so I've got about another 10 or 11 hours in the air before i get back to civilization.
    MT.DEW AND JP8 IN THE MORNING GETS THE BLOOD FLOWING.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the walleye. Keep in mind that any fish in a pic with me looks smaller than it is. For example, this crappie was 13.5. Looks about 9 right? The walleye was 29 inches. I should have gotten a pic with Thad holding the walleye. He's about half my size and it would have looked huge. Oh well. BTW, that pic with the crappie was taken about 4 days ago on the exact same spot we took the walleye pic. Things have changed a little.

Last edited by GRIZZ; 11-17-2008 at 09:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grubby View Post
    Glad to see you are enjoying that stuff GRIZZ. I'm sitting in Mildenhaul England waiting to Jump on the Jet to head home. Stopped here on our way back from Turkey so I've got about another 10 or 11 hours in the air before i get back to civilization.
    If by that stuff you mean the fishing - then yes. If you mean the snow then I would have to say I'm tolerating it because it makes the walleyes bite, other than that I wish I was in TN, TX, or FL where the sun shines more than once a month in the months of Nov.-Apr.

Post Thanks / Like

wow, look at that snow, and wow what a walleye, wtg. but the snow can stay away, LOL. just get cold enough for ice and the snow can come later, like Feb.
    Tap!, Fish On!
    99.9% C&R fisherman
    NAFC Life Member & field tester
    Take a child fishing today, for smiles that last a lifetime.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, it was fun to catch, but I get several that size every year. I was way more stoked about that 13.5 crappie. That was the first 13 inch+ crappie I have gotten from Chautauqua in years, besides a few 12's I got that day, and a few whites which I haven't seen in a while either. Crappies are comin back to Chautauqua. YAAYYYY!!! :D I'd trade 100 9 lb walleyes for one 15-16 inch crappie from my lake once in a while. Its been wwaayy too long.

Post Thanks / Like

Man Grizz tell the weather folks to stop that snow!! I'm driving across NY next week heading to Michigan to see my grand daughter. I'll be stopping at my folks house in Medina overnight just to break up the drive.

It can snow all it wants after I get back. LOL

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

Is that Medina OH? I thought you lived in TN? I see now that you live in VT. 90 is going to be wretched all across the state. I hope you have snow tires.
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 11-17-2008 at 05:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

BRRRRrrrrr That's pretty hardcore there grizz, I'd be doin too, if I was up that way. Way to get after em.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast