Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sam Rayburn night fishing adventure

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Sam Rayburn night fishing adventure

Here is a picture of our catch Friday night on the north end of Rayburn...We were fishing under green lights in 25 ft. of water 14 ft. deep over brush....we caught some nice fish...this was the best night fishing trip this year on Rayburn. Used up a pound of minnows and called it quits...we had done gotten tired by then....also caught white and yellow bass under the light throw in a couple gars and gues....it was awesome....We went out Sunday in the bad weather and didn't do to bad either.....we caught well over 200 fish but they were mostly throw backs and ended up with 25 nice keepers....my hands look like ground meat from all the fins and hooks and line cuts...these little trips ought to hold us over till the weekend but I am already ready to go back out...it's very addictive.....it was fun....This is a terrible picture I can't figure out how to shrink it to size and still look good but here it is.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

CAMOMAN;;; Nice catch, usally in our case most of those throw backs your catching, them again & again. I've got three live wells, what we do is throw the little ones in there til we catch the bigger ones or get a 5gal bucket fill it with water, put-em in it till your threw catching fish, Just a thought on saving minnows

Post Thanks / Like

CrappieLips - How do you explain to the game warden that you are just babysitting the runts to protect your minnows and intend to release them back into the lake when you are done fishing. Here in Illinois the babysitting could cost you $75 for every under the limit sized fish you have in your live well.
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice catch, wish I was with you. Sounds like you had a riot!

The image is 144K in size, don't know why it's such a small picture, it should show up much larger.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Well we are going to try them again Friday night....Wish us luck.......I am about to go crazy waiting for tomorrow night........I really do have the MCD...........

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by crappieken
    CrappieLips - How do you explain to the game warden that you are just babysitting the runts to protect your minnows and intend to release them back into the lake when you are done fishing. Here in Illinois the babysitting could cost you $75 for every under the limit sized fish you have in your live well.

C.K. I never thought of it that way, But your right if the warden showed up I guess i could tell him that. I don't put them in the live well, There in a five gallon bucket. So if I see the warden coming you can just pour them over the other side the boat , He want know what your pouring out. But let me put it this way I've been fishin these waters in Alabama for 45 years, I've never been stopped or pulled up on, It's been two years since I've even seen one on the river. But you can't tell, The next time i go he might be there.