Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E.f. 11/14

Post Thanks / Like

Default E.f. 11/14

start by saying hi to every one i am new to the fourm. went to east fork friday after work put in around 8a.m. at the ramp near the damn (work 3rds). the lake is crazy low and alot of ramps are closed due to it being so low so if your are planning on going check and see what ramps are even open. first hour was a blank not a fish. then i found them on one particular lay down in a cove and slayed them, killed them on a pop eye tipped with a minnow under a float, then the bite all but stopped so i switched to a tube jig and started catching them again moved to another cove and found them just kinda inbetween two standing trees didnt seem to be any cover there, truth be know my float was blown to the spot by the wind when the 1st one was caught, caught two nice ones back to back both 13" good looking fish again on popeye w/minnow under a float didnt keep any and stopped counting at 30 crappie, also caught some big gills and a small bass. had a blast and the weather was nice (all but the hurricane type winds ha ha) once again thanks for the great sight and God bless to all.

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good Report James, I'm gonna have to come and try that lake soon. Maybe the week of Thanksgiving as I am off work all week. I have launched at the Bethel ramp off of Macedonia road if that is the correct name? Any fish being caught on that part of the lake? Any info or help would be appreciated greatly. I won't catch them all ! HA HA
    Last edited by kycreek; 11-16-2008 at 08:25 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

i am not sure about the bethel ramp, i have put in at the camp ground ramp (kinda on the same side of the lake) and did pretty well back in the river on both jigs (red/green green/white or white/pink) and pop eyes tipped with minnows under a float. truthfully i havent even used the bethel side ramp this year. i have done a little better on the other side of the lake (putting in at the damn area ramp or the ramp at afton before it dried up), but both sides have produced. i have found them around laydowns for the most part or holding 14 foot or so. may want to re-search and see if the bethel ramp is in the water, the lake is crazy low and alot of ramps are dried out. good luck if you go and let us know how you do.

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Post Thanks / Like

Macedonia is unusable. As is Afton and I would assume Twin Bridges. Only places to get in are the dam(Slade Road) and the Campground. My dad is over there right now in my boat. I have to work so I couldn't go. I'll post his reults later.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

the Bantam ramp should be okay, isn't it? I would think it would be deeper than the campground ramp. what ramp is twin bridges?

Post Thanks / Like

Twin bridges Rd. off 133 in Williamsburg. There is a boat ramp that goes into the EF Little Miami River above the lake there. Yeah, Bantam is good. I forgot about that one somehow. By the way, my old man stole my boat this morning and slayed 'em on EF. It's tough enough to go to work when someone you know is fishing, but when it's YOUR BOAT they're using, that makes it even tougher. I'll get out this Sunday finally though. Hopefully everybody leaves a few in the lake for me. I've got the fever.....BAD!
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

I used the campground ramp today it was fine! Speckwick I also met your dad He was the only other boat on the lake, he had some good fish.
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah he had a pretty good mess of crappie. He was unhitching my boat in my driveway when I got home from work this evening. He fished too deep and on the wrong side of the lake early this morning, but once he went shallow he said they were really hot for a few hours there. said he bumped into you in the river this afternoon. He's gonna go back tomorrow and try to hit 'em again. I think I feel a case of the "blue flu" coming on, LOL. Yeah right. We work together. It wouldn't take them long to figure out where to find us if we both missed.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Slade ramp

Which is Slade road ramp?

Post Thanks / Like

the dam side
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast