Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deer Woods were tough today

Post Thanks / Like

Default Deer Woods were tough today

Woke up in the middle of the night to listen to the wind howling around my house. When the alarm went off at 5 am. I thought about just rolling over.

Anyway, got to where I hunt at 6:15 am, which is real close to my house and never got out of the truck. Thirty mph plus winds and thirty degrees. I sat there for 4 hours and only saw two yearling past Does. I normally see about 10 to 15 deer in the same spot with several nice Bucks. Like me, they were sitting tight too. I will not waste my time gutting a small deer, there will always be a better day.

Hope you Guys did better than I!!!

Later, Ship

Post Thanks / Like

Well Jim I did a little better than you, I also woke up early in the am heard the wind howling, went back to sleep woke up at 8or so made coffee,ate a roll, sat and read the crappie dot com. drank coffee, still waiting on the deer to come up to the door and let me know they wish to be shot. I am not gonna get out in this crap later man

Post Thanks / Like

Larry and i were out till 10. Wind bad, spit snow no deer no shots. Will try tomorrow. No sitting in the house or trucks old coots is tough. The idea of the truck and house did enter my mind. Beagle stay away from them rolls.

Post Thanks / Like

what beagleman said x 2
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

We went til about noon, came in and ate, back at 130 til about 4. Seen a mammy and her little one, one doe at a distance, two more even further. No shots. It was a rough day here, not much moving I guess. We'll try them again in the morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I guess I'll shed some good news. Got outto the woods be 545am and was back at the truck by 800 am. Saw 4 deer shot 2 both does. Then I had enough time to fight the wind and cold to catch 13 nice crappie below the dam at Truman. Thinking about going out again tomorrow morning and see if I can get another one. I just bought a drop freezer than needs to get filled. Good luck to you all tomorrow.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    Well Jim I did a little better than you, I also woke up early in the am heard the wind howling, went back to sleep woke up at 8or so made coffee,ate a roll, sat and read the crappie dot com. drank coffee, still waiting on the deer to come up to the door and let me know they wish to be shot. I am not gonna get out in this crap later man

D I N G D O N G

pizza!
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Sunday Out at 6 home at 7:30 Deer in freezer at 10:30. Stopped ay snakies for coffee at 10:30 still in bed. Will get him up at 1 or 2. Seen 7 deer got 1 quality deer management. Later good people

Post Thanks / Like

old snakebite has this deal figured out for sure
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

It was a much better day here today too. Lots of deer moving.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast