Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One of Those Days

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy One of Those Days

I just gotta vent! Every Memorial Day weekend I tell myself I'm not gonna fight the party barges, jet skis and speed boat/skiers . . . . and every Memorial Day weekend I end up out there anyway telling myself that I'll find a quiet spot (yeah, right). So, the wife and I pull up on a couple of condos we put out earlier this year . . . they looked good, they were holding fish! BUT some fella just happened to go dead in the water not too far away and got our attention and asked for help. Help turned out to be us (aluminum boat) towing him (fiberglass boat) about 5 miles in choppy water with crazy people all over the place cuttin us off. This trip burned about 45 minutes of fishin time, partly because he couldn't remember which cove he had launched at. Now, we didn't mind helping this guy, we could be in the same spot one day ourselves. The winds were predicted at 5 - 10 mph for today - it was more like 15 - 20. Lost a rod and reel - damn thing fell right out of the rod holder. As it got later, we finally got some uninterrupted fishing time - caught at least 50 fish . . . . are you ready for this? . . . . . 4 KEEPERS OUT OF 50. Just couldn't find the bigger fish. You'd think I would have learned my lesson by now . . . . . . . heading for local lake in the morning - no jet skis - thank goodness. I gotta drown the rest of my minnows.

Hope everyone has a safe weekend.
    Paul -- Team Crappie Stalker

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

No way would I be on the water this weekend. I went friday evening and got into enough lake lice and choppy water. I caught some fish but nowhere near 50. I was alone. Same story though few keepers in with all the babies. Good luck on the private lake. I'll go Monday night after the landing clears out or Tuesday morning. I can't wait. The fish have moved back to deep water and that is where most of my condos are located.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Every time I read one of these posts, I thank Ohio Park Systems for our 10 h.p. limit lakes in our area. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you still had a good day Stalker! Shoot I have to go to work. I'm kinda glad those folks ride them ski's -- it keeps them from worming in on some good fishing! I say let em ride and we'll keep catchin!

Post Thanks / Like

This is the day after the holiday.There still are water skiers and jet skis and house boats on both the lakes near me.BUT today I fished the cumberland river, only three boats at the launching ramp, was out almost one hour before I saw my first boater, another fishermen.River was clean, and the scenery was terrific.Only caught three trout, turned em loose, terrible eating fish!!, but had a few more on, and watched others come toward my lures and stop.Rest of the summer will be night fishing because of the boat traffic on the lakes, but the river is always clear of those idiot jet skis and water skiers, reason? always 57 degrees.

Post Thanks / Like

>>>caught three trout, turned em loose, terrible eating fish!!, <<<

What??? You've just never had them prepared properly. Trout almondine is a real treat in this house. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey guy.

Honey and I went out this past Sat nite to do some night fishing. We caught some nice fish. But, if you can believe this, a jet skier showed up a 10 pm zooming around the mooring bouys along the water edge, I could not believe it.
    It did not annoy me as I am not suprised about much anymore, but what an idiot. Our neighborhood was buzzing with jet skiers and 4 wheelers all weekend. There were some good crashes. I am sure our insurance will go up next year. haha.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

You would think gas was free this weekend. I really love those seadoo boats. People think they can run anywhere . But I kept telling myself that this is their lake too. Although they dont share as well as I would like.

Scares me to watch people drag small kids over stumps and other stuff. I want to run them down and explain . But some would probably take offense.
    Jesus Saves!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

about the only thing that has been done to the wave runner, and wave makers here in KY is that now everyone using a state park launch ramp must pay. Sure I hate it, but before everyone was free, now were on the way to equality.

Post Thanks / Like

About those trout, yes I can prepare them quite well for eating, ewspecially smoking, but the wife hates em, too many good ating pan fish and walleye have spoiled her.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast