Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hunting "Excursion"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hunting "Excursion"

Well I went on a full weekend hunt this past weekend with some friends of mine and stayed in their camper. Got to SC about 5:00 Friday night, so I sat in a stand called the "Ashtray" for the remainder of the night. I saw a spike and blew a grunt call at it, got it all riled up. Saturday morning I got in a different stand called the "Pine" and saw a doe as I was getting down. She crossed a lane at 90yds like there was something behind her. I waited around and she crossed back 100yds awat 10 minutes later, with nothing behind her. Had some homeade Deer Chili for lunch with cornbread muffins, GOOD STUFF. That night I got in the "Piccolo Box" which is a stand in an oak tree overlooking a small food plot and has a few lanes. I saw a doe and the butt of something at the edge of the woods... Thought I would do better. Oh well. Only one more morning to hunt... It was pretty cold Sunday Morning as I got back up in the Pine with one of my buddies. We saw a spike at 275yds and blew at it, it came running at us and went into the woods at 100yds. At about 10 till 10 I saw a deer at 300yds. It was a doe with two fawns. My dad (who was not there) had told me to take a doe bacause we only had gotten one deer this year. I clicked off safety and aimed for the shoulders. I gently squeezed the trigger and sent a 140 grain Nosler Accubond downrange with my 7mm Rem Mag. She fell down and crawled to the edge of the woods.(Or so it looked) I got down and looked for blood and there was not ONE drop of it. It began to dawn on me that I had shot her in the leg and not the shoulder as I had done to a nice buck last year. My friend I was with just happened to be in the woods and found her about 20yds in. There were 2 drops of blood beside her, but the shot was PERFECT. It was a great shot clear exit would, with a broadside shot... Makes ya wonder. Oh well, I got my first deer of the season, with hopefully more to come. Little bit lengthy but thanks for reading.

PJ35
    Son of Racoon, Friend of whiskerwhipper, FHB to all.

Post Thanks / Like

If you get tired of deer hunting you can always hunt elephant with that 7mmMag. lol

aj

Bow hunting is great for the soul.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the first deer of the year, good thing she was 300 yards away or that 7mmMag would have done a number on her, the story got me going, our rifle season doesn't open until the 22nd and I'm foaming at the mouth to be out there.
    Goodnight Vienna...Pistols Firing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Go get em! You autta see what my pops hunts with- a 7mm Remington ULTRA Mag, based off the british round, the .404 Jeffery!
    Son of Racoon, Friend of whiskerwhipper, FHB to all.