Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: check out the hookless lures for gar

Post Thanks / Like

Default check out the hookless lures for gar

here is a helpful link for anyone who likes to catch gar or wants to get into it this guy offers a hookless lure its just the thing for those gar i talked with him on the phone for awhile he is a really nice guy and will help you any way he can

Gar Man Jack
    is that a bite...YEAH FISH DONT HAVE HANDS

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard of guys using the yellow nylon rope before. Seems to be about the same thing. Pretty cool though.

Post Thanks / Like

I bet it works.Fished my lake for years,and they are near impossible to get to take the bait.See guys take generators,6-1000 watt lights ,and go into the pads at night,and take em with fish arrows,they are not scared of light.Never saw em hit on anything consistently..good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slab_slayin_fool View Post
    i talked with him on the phone for awhile he is a really nice guy and will help you any way he can
    Yeah, I saw him on a local outdoor show. The lure definitely works. They caught a bunch of gar.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say they put up quite a fight, but I do believe I could live without catching another one of those toothy fish. They completely ruined a good day of fishing earlier this summer, every place we went on the lake that day that's all we caught, didn't matter which part of they lake, they just kept stealing minnows and breaking line, at first we didn't know what they were so we finally put on steel leaders and lo and behold we caught a whole mess of em.
    Goodnight Vienna...Pistols Firing!!!