Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Seminar Speakers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Seminar Speakers

I am trying to put together a fishing swap meet and would like to get a speaker to put on a seminar on crappie fishing or other species also. How do I go about doing this?
    Tim
    Ohio State Board moderator
    www.easternbuckeyecrappieclub.com
    or [email protected]
    NAFC Life Member

Post Thanks / Like

I got speakers for our local fishing club for over 3 years- one a month. First guy I got I called the outdoor editor of a major newspaper, he was happy to speak free, yes, but we covered expenses, next I contacted several local fish pros and asked them to speak, they or most all will want $. You will have to do a give & take with them on the subject & $. If they guide they need to speak to groups to help push their guide service. The better ones will have their own equipment, U want somebody that has colored slides/computerized show(makes it interesting). Any Joe can stand up in front of group and talk/mumble on for 45 minutes & put U all to asleep. Also we have the outdoor paper the Fishing Notebook in our area, I talked with Bob the editor & he gave me a list of several of his writers that gave seminars, he was a great help. He also let us advertise our meeting/speakers in the paper free. I really enjoyed doing it, met alot of great people.
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Solomon and Walters are from Ohio and they are the best Crappie team from that area. I think.

Post Thanks / Like

Michael Walters, Troy Ohio and Richard Solomon, Piqua Ohio. They are members of several prostaffs including BnM and Tite-lok. They are great guys and even better fishermen. They have won tourny's too numerous to mention.