Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GPS suggestions

Scrapper is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II - Moderator Mechanics forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Question GPS suggestions

I know this has probably been hashed out before. I'm going to get one to replace my little fishfinder/gps eagle I have. The archieved thread of this goes back to 04'. So I thought I would start a new one and get some viewpoints on the newer units. I'm looking at handhelds but I guess anything goes...there are so many options out there...lets make this informative and give your opinion...just not argue..lol. Thanks guys!
    "But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 25:15

Post Thanks / Like

No agruments? With a name like "Scrapper" I would think you might want to start a fight just for the entertainment?

Seriously, I have been thinking of upgrading from the Eagle 320 I have so I will be interested in the responses. As a starter there is a thread just below this that has some comments.

Post Thanks / Like

well Scrapper is my handle because I'm a high school teacher and our team is called the Scrappers...I used to use my boat...but I have changed boats three times in the last year...SO...I just use this..lol.

I have a 320 now...I love it. Wish I would've bought a 480 though...I think I'll go color next.

As far as GPS...I'm looking hard at the gramin 76csx and 60csx...but still want to hear others opinions of what they use.
    "But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 25:15

Post Thanks / Like

Default Garmin

I've got a Garmin that's a few years older, a Map76 and I love it. The Mapsource software I have for has been good too.
    "To catch fish, you gotta be on the fish!"

Post Thanks / Like

Scrapper, I have a Lowrance Ifinder and have had good success using it for my purposes. I think you will get good results from Garmin or Lowrance units as people that own them usually like them very much.

I see you are from Nashville Ar. My wife has some relatives that live up there and I believe her father grew up there also.

PB Wht. Crappie 2.48 lbs 02-12-2011

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default here's is a gps

Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Wink look at all of them

I just bought a new Delorme pn-20 they say the 40 is alot faster but Im in no hurry. I went out last friday and marked 26 structures what I like about this unit is I can enter - elevation #s in expl. the depth of the structure this gives you a quick lake level # and depth of structure without a graph . I shot some points on boat ramps ,went home and pulled up the #s on google and it was to close to believe. plus you can get good charts and sat. photos negs. on it small screen. I wouldnt be afraid to run routes in the dead of night with it.
    STICK-A-FORK-IN-ME-IM-DUMBER !
    www.CrazyAnglerTackle.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    Hey Tom:

Let me know how you like that little jewel after you try it out! Maybe you can get them to send you one to check out for them.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

WOW.... that thing is a beast!!

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake View Post
    Hey Tom:

Let me know how you like that little jewel after you try it out! Maybe you can get them to send you one to check out for them.
    They wouldn't let me have one for try out, but they are sending me a 3010c..

It is used, but the price is right.......
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast