Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hmmm, taking a gamble

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hmmm, taking a gamble

Judging by the amount of boats I saw being pulled on the highways today(two game wardens also), I told myself that there was no way I was gonna hit the water until Monday after lunch. Well, I think I am gonna try and sneak in early in the a.m. and launch . Gonna run to a favorite spot, sit there and see how many minnows I can murder. Can't wait until Monday. Yeah, I know. I have the addiction. If I didn't, why in the world would anyone want to be on the water on Memorial Day Weekend when all the the Lake Lice are just getting turned on really good? Just in case, I am taking along the still pastey white belly just in case a few Sea Doos need to be blinded by the "white light" if they get too close. Looking forward to a good day tomorrow, of course any day floating on a boat is a good day. FATBOY

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully it will rain Monday and it will keep the 3 months a year boaters at home.A woman paid me a good compliment last night about how effeciently I launch my vessel alone. I was just trying to hurry so I wouldn't get stuck behind her husband trying to load their skiboat I know I'm not afraid to fish in the rain. Plus we really need the rain.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean fatboy. I promised my friend's son I'd take him fishing during the summer while he was out of school. but I told him I'm not going out until after Monday. It's just plumb crazy. Everybody and his cousin has gotta jet ski it seems. Ya gotta wait an hour sometimes just to put in at my favorite ramp on Saturdays and getting back is sometimes worse. It being a holiday makes it even worse.

No, I prefer fishing Monday through Friday anyway. Can't wait till Tuesday.

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Like always I will be slinging my nuts, maters, and melons thru the holiday. I will be on the river tuesday 5am. I love to watch the sunrise from the boat. I may go to west point but I never catch biguns there. I catch limits but nothing to brag over or filet.
    Yesterday the lice were already cranking it up. Every few minutes zoom zoom zoom. A few of them were easy to look at if ya know what I mean.
    Big J you have more guts than me. No way would I be on the water. Go real early, most of the part timers will be on the shore till it heats up anyway. Maybe you can git-r-done before you getswamped by the lice. Hope you and DonG have a great trip.
    Tightlines to ya
    Smitty
    Last edited by FalconSmitty; 05-28-2005 at 11:24 PM. Reason: sp

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Every cove has a camp spot and a camper complete with ponton boat and tubes for towing behind run abouts and water lice to run for beer and make life miserable for fishermen.
    Water lice also good to carry two mating love birds to where they think is a secluded nook. :o
    Fish from real early till 10 am then home. Weekends won't change until labor day.

Post Thanks / Like

sAME THING HERE-EVERYWHERE YOU LOOK!!SURE WILL BE GLAD WHEN ITS TUESDAY!!gOOD FISHIN TO YA!!DENNIS
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com