Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bucksaw bite

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bucksaw bite

Went this morning about 10:30 had 9 nice fish by 12:20 when I headed to meet my wife and kids at the marina for lunch. I guess they are closed for the season??? Lots of cars in the parking lot but the doors were locked. So I ended up taking out and came back to clinton for lunch with them. 3 of the nine I ended up with were over a pound. One may have pushed 1 1/2. Still just found one to a tree. June bug and pearltruse Slab Slayers with a red jig head. Fun morning should have stayed to finish my limit. I will be on vacation Thursday and Friday next week to pick up were I left off.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good morning Jared!!! When we were up in October, they told us that the marina was closing for the season November 2. Now that gas is getting reasonable again, I may try to make another trip up soon.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Well then, I'm expecting an invite one of those mornings. Still finding them in the same places? I'm hoping to fish this weekend if the weather and wind co-operates.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jiggin 15 where abouts were ya fishing? Kinda watning to head out a day or two this week. Bob I sent you an PM.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I burnt a lot of fuel this morning. I ran wide open all the way to the first cove I came to. Took about 15 seconds. First cove down river on your left with in site of Bucksaw marina. Had plans of running on down but they were biting pretty good in there. I will try to hook up with you at the end of the week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jigging15 View Post
    I burnt a lot of fuel this morning. I ran wide open all the way to the first cove I came to. Took about 15 seconds. First cove down river on your left with in site of Bucksaw marina. Had plans of running on down but they were biting pretty good in there. I will try to hook up with you at the end of the week.
    SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Now you've gone and done it. The TOP SECRET honey hole is a secret no longer. Angel Cove will never be the same now.
    All I can say is you better have braided line cuz there is some toothy critters in them waters.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Jared, give me a holler when you get back.
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by speckhunter View Post
    Sounds like a good morning Jared!!! When we were up in October, they told us that the marina was closing for the season November 2. Now that gas is getting reasonable again, I may try to make another trip up soon.
    Come on up, Chris. There's room in my boat for you. No need to bring yours unless you plan on staying a while. You still have my #?

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bwillaub View Post
    Come on up, Chris. There's room in my boat for you. No need to bring yours unless you plan on staying a while. You still have my #?
    Yep, still got it brother Bob. I'll defenitaly take you up on the offer

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Had a good day yesterday at Bucksaw. Lake is down just enough to find some secret trees that hold some big fish. Went less than 2 miles each direction and came up with 23 keepers. 10 or so of those being real nice fish. I showed Jim why I like to fish hardwoods. Then he showed me why he likes the Cedars so well. The bigger fish were in the cedars for sure. Good time with good company. After 3 days in Chicago I was ready for it for sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast