Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: GPSMAP 76CSx VS. GPSMAP 60CSx

Scrapper is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II - Moderator Mechanics forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default GPSMAP 76CSx VS. GPSMAP 60CSx

I'm down to one of these...I don't know which one..:rolleyes:..was wondering what you guys think and your experiences. There is about a dimes worth of difference in the specs of the two. The main thing I see is the 76 will float and the 60 won't. One will be in my boat...just need help in deciding between the two. ANY goods, bads, uglies, experiences, likes, dislikes...anything. You get the picture..lol. Thanks alot!!
    "But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 25:15

Post Thanks / Like

i have used my son map 60 csx. the base map is off a little bit other then that its a good unit. i going buy one to i going with the 76cx because it floats john

Post Thanks / Like

There's very little difference - screen is slightly larger on the 76. The 60 will fit in your pocket better but the 76 may be easier to use in a marine mount on your boat. I use a 76Cx and am real happy with it. Be sure and check Garmin GPSMAP 76CSX GPS 010-00469-00 and PCNation.com: Computers, Components, Accessories, and Electronics for Less! before you make a purchase. There may be other on-line stores that have even better prices. You'll have to compare them including shipping and handling fees to find the best overall price on everything you get. You'll probably also want a power adapter and a marine mount.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea of the 76 floating...but then there are the keys on bottom of the 60 instead of the top like the 76...I just think with it in a mount I would rather them be on the bottom than the top. Seems your hand could get in the way when working the unit?
    "But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 25:15

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks alot Jerry, I have decided on one of the two after fishing with you during crappie camp.

Thanks again by the way...that was one of the best times fishing that I've had in a LONG time...some great fellowship with you guys! :D

Do you like the buttons on top of the unit?? I know you use a mount with yours.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
    Thanks alot Jerry, I have decided on one of the two after fishing with you during crappie camp.

Thanks again by the way...that was one of the best times fishing that I've had in a LONG time...some great fellowship with you guys! :D

Do you like the buttons on top of the unit?? I know you use a mount with yours.
    You are welcome - again.

I don't have any trouble with the buttons on top. I've not used a 60 in a marine mount so I don't know how easy the buttons would be to reach. I really don't even know if they make a marine mount for the 60 but they probably do. The only exposure I've had to a 60 was loading some waypoints on one for a guy.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

I don't mean to bug you about this Jerry, but I want to make the most informed decision I can about this...lol.

I can't remember...do you use a topo map on yours or the supplied basemap?? Do you like the maps available for the 76?

I know you have the lowrance and humminbird gps/sonars...how do the compare on aquiring sat. compared to those two with the external antennas and will the handheld get as close as those. I would guess you just get close enough and use the fishfinder to mark it?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't use the map on my 76 at all - have it turned off. The base map is very general and not reliable for navigation. My Lowrance has an "Enhanced Lake Map" for Greeson on it that has 10' contour lines and is very reliable for navigation as well as locating the bottom features we want to put cover on. I've not used the GPS on my Humminbird very much but like the Garmin better for getting back to waypoints - maybe just because I've used Garmins for so long. If I have a good waypoint to start with my 76 will put me right back on top of the brushpiles or bamboo condo, but so will the Humminbird and the Lowrance.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com