Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: smartcast for dock shooting

Post Thanks / Like

Default smartcast for dock shooting

any of you guys ever used the smart cast system under docks etc. seems like this could be a good tool for dockshooting if thet are fairly accurate, im thinking of trying it out, just curious if someone else has tried this already

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I got one on my r/c pontoon boat I built. It works fair up to 50 ft. Mine is the Dick Tracy wristwatch type. I can drive the r/c under docks and peek around...

Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

What I a suggesting is also get a cheap r/c boat and mount the transmitter on it. Lots better than trying to cast. Works too.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

thats funny, canepole leave it up to you...sounds like a reason to get another toy, are they pretty accurate as far as structure etc and locating crappie?

Post Thanks / Like

I got mine off of ebay fer next ta nutt'n, I too have the secret decoder watch style that I hate wear'n, just uncomfy fer me,, it werk great,, Imade a lil rod fer it outta old truck radio antenna and epoxied it in a broken rod handle then putta couple of eyes on it & a tiptop,, werkd great until it went diving without me and I caught the transducer and broke the line,, still have the whole unit just need ta make a nudder rod fer it...
    mine also eats battery too quik in my opinion (bout 3 weeks).... but dont leave home without it.....

JAKE
    Last edited by CRAPPIEDENTIST; 11-09-2008 at 09:23 AM.
    ~~~~~~~({<(((((((*>
    unOFFICIAL Mayor of BLUFF Landing, OK