Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has Seafoam changed?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Has Seafoam changed?

I've been using Seafoam for about 4 years. It was hard to find around here when I first heard about it so when i did find it, I bought a bunch of it. Well, my supply finally dwindled last week and I went and bought a few new cans. (I can now find it at Shop-O Rama, a local hardware store.) When I went to put it in I noticed that it wasn't colored like it used to be and it had a different smell. Anybody else noticed this? Is it a different formula than it used to be?
    The only way to have a good fishing spot is to make it yourself!

Scrapper is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II - Moderator Mechanics forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I use seafoam and seafoam deepcreep...love the stuff. I haven't noticed a change in it at all. Maybe it was the age of the stuff...you wouldn't think it would effect it but who knows. I use it every 3rd tank in my ol' GT150 johnnyrude and in my truck...lawnmower....lol....just about everything. :D
    "But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 25:15

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sixfin View Post
    I've been using Seafoam for about 4 years. It was hard to find around here when I first heard about it so when i did find it, I bought a bunch of it. Well, my supply finally dwindled last week and I went and bought a few new cans. (I can now find it at Shop-O Rama, a local hardware store.) When I went to put it in I noticed that it wasn't colored like it used to be and it had a different smell. Anybody else noticed this? Is it a different formula than it used to be?
    Good ol "Shop-O-Rama".. Man, I miss that place (and Falder's too)..

I use a can of sea foam every other tank in my boat. I haven't noticed a change..

NJcrappie Guest

I think seafoam makes a transmission additive that's a very light red/pink color to it, maybe you had some of the trans stuff. Seafoam has been clear since I have been using it (1980). I buy it by the case from NAPA. Some NAPA's will give you a discount if you buy it by the case. I do not use it as a fuel additive. I shock treat my mercury 175 efi and use it on the top end of my 5.4 truck. For a fuel additive I use stabil, No real reason I do it this way. Seafoam can be used as a fuel stabilizer but I like using it to create huge amounts of smoke with the shock treatment. :D:D
    Last edited by NJcrappie; 11-08-2008 at 09:40 PM.

Scrapper is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II - Moderator Mechanics forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Seafoam can be used as a fuel stabilizer but I like using it to create huge amounts of smoke with the shock treatment.
    :D:D I agree...isn't it fun...lol...I also love the looks of peoples faces as they see the black mess (carbon) comes dripping out on the driveway cause they haven't ran anything in their outboard...ecspecially the older engines or overpropped ones...lol. I've decarbed on the water before...MAN!! you get some looks when you take off to clean out the seafoam you just sprayed in it and let it set for an hour....looks like an old hooptie car going up the road. :D
    "But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 25:15

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Seafoam is some good stuff. What I buy is clear and I buy it at autozone.
    Last edited by kycreek; 11-09-2008 at 11:17 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Yep, different color...

I started using it about 4 years ago in everything that burns gas ALL of the time due to all of the devotees on a Walleye site I visit daily. Down here in SW Missouri, I get it at O'Reilly's. Dang stuff isn't cheap but I do believe in it now. I remember it being light blue I thought and now it appears to look more amber.
    "One man gathers what another man spills" GD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DeadHead View Post
    I started using it about 4 years ago in everything that burns gas ALL of the time due to all of the devotees on a Walleye site I visit daily. Down here in SW Missouri, I get it at O'Reilly's. Dang stuff isn't cheap but I do believe in it now. I remember it being light blue I thought and now it appears to look more amber.
    Don't know what prices yall are paying, but in Conroe, Tx., Sta-bil is a LOT higher than Seafoam. I just started using foam since all the good comments about it and it is more ecomonical.
    Dusty
    A gun in hand is a lot better than a cop on the phone.

Post Thanks / Like

I have just been initiated to the wonders of seafoam and it works like a charm. I am now curious about the shock treatment. Someone please enlighten me. How to do it and how much seafoam to use.
    I release all my fish... just before my fingers touch the grease.

NJcrappie Guest

My friend has great explanation of how to shock your motor. Let me see if I can find the instructions then ask his permission to post them here. I'm shocking my truck again later today and I'll just take pictures myself and then post them. I'll get back to this post later tonight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast