Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Ozark Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Question Lake Ozark Crappie

Finally back after them after about an 18 month layoff...Wife decided we needed a family boat. I finally got to buy me a fishing boat.. I'll try and get after them maybe by the middle of next week. Do you think this colder weather will drive them a little deeper and out closer to the main channel? Any advise will be appreciated.
    WolfmanJack051
    Gambler Bass Boat

Post Thanks / Like

welcome aboard there wolfman, how about a little info on your self. we are noisey here. I have fishend LOZ in the cold and it was good,but to tell you where no way I can hardly remember how to get to the lake let alone tell you where to fish... but I bet there are some on here who can later and again welcome.

Post Thanks / Like

:D
    Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    welcome aboard there wolfman, how about a little info on your self. we are noisey here. I have fishend LOZ in the cold and it was good,but to tell you where no way I can hardly remember how to get to the lake let alone tell you where to fish... but I bet there are some on here who can later and again welcome.
    Thanks for the reply. I like to fish the gravois and the main lake around the 40 to 60 mm.. Just got back into crappie fishing after about an 18 month hiatis..Wife thought we needed a family style boat.. now we have a fishing boat to add to our collection..I just bought a 20' gambler with a 225 merc. Looking forward to fishing again and maybe meeting up with a few of ya. I belong to the capital crappie club out of Jefferson City and will get back into tourney fishing..
    WolfmanJack051
    Gambler Bass Boat

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Joplin, I haven't fished LOZ so can't help there. There are some on here who do so I am sure they can help you out.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

This has been a very heplful website in the past. Always looking for a way to catch more fish. Lots of interesting characters here.
    WolfmanJack051
    Gambler Bass Boat

Post Thanks / Like

Wolf, I haven't been back to LOZ since September. Eager to be back over Thanksgiving -- sorry I don't have any recent info! Best of luck and let us know how you do.
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome. I fish the Gravois and lower Osage exclusively. I didn't fish this weekend, I was bird hunting, but my buddy did. He caught a few off his dock, but live bait right in the cover was the key for him. I'll be there this weeked and let you know how I do.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Wolfman, from the Big Niangua LOZ.

Good numbers over here the last time out (last week), but struggling to find good size keepers.

Good luck.
    Mark

Pitching jigs, catching slabs, life is good

Post Thanks / Like

It's been couple of weeks since i've been out but from what i'm gathering the lake is trying to turn over i'd look for clearer water toward the backs of major creeks fish brush and docks,the main lake will be tough for while if its turning over.....ill be going this weekend and will let you know what i find.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

I knew the fellow members here at Crappie.com would not let me down. Thanks for sharing. I'll be after them this weekend after I kill a nice buck Saturday morning..
    Nothing better than deer steaks and crappie..Some fried potatoes, corn on the cob, and a cold beer to wash it all down..
    WolfmanJack051
    Gambler Bass Boat