Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: waited floats

Post Thanks / Like

Default waited floats

they are a post on this site about adding waits to a float does any one know where it is...thanx Ed
    People may not remember exactly what you did or what you said,
    but they will always remember how you made them feel

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Hey Crazy55 ...

Quote Originally Posted by crazy55 View Post
    they are a post on this site about adding waits to a float does any one know where it is...thanx Ed
    are you talking about this weighted float :

If so ... check with Shipahoy41 ... that's his baby, I believe.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

yes sir and thanx alot for finding it for me I have looked 2 days for it.....
    People may not remember exactly what you did or what you said,
    but they will always remember how you made them feel

Post Thanks / Like

maybe I am missing something here, but why no just buy weighted floats? They work the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up weighted float

delete
    Last edited by pescatore; 12-14-2008 at 09:35 AM.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Actually they don't, Jeepster ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepster04 View Post
    maybe I am missing something here, but why no just buy weighted floats? They work the same.
    If you're referring to the styrofoam floats with a lead ring around the bottom stem ... that's what is commonly called a "weighted float". It will sit upright, regardless of the weight of the bait on the end of the line ... the lead collar will see to that.

What this customized float is ... is actually a "counterbalanced" float. It's not meant to stand upright from the weight of the bait ... it's meant to lay on the water, and stand up ONLY when a fish pulls down on the bait. The added weights, above the center of gravity, have to be exactly enough to hold up the weight of your bait without standing upright. Only when more weight is applied to the bait (fish taking bait) would the float stand upright .. signalling a strike.

A similar product is used in Float-n-Fly Bass fishing ... but, the bite signal is when the float lays over. This is primarily the case when fishing for Winter Smallmouth Bass. When they rise to the bait, and take it in ... they remove the weight of the bait from pulling down on the float. The float has a lead weight in it, above center ... so that when the weight of the bait is taken away, the top heavy float will roll over on its side.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Default Porcupine quills

Years ago, I used quills almost exclusively. I just don't see or hear of people using them these days. They were so sensitive, I thought I could see an indication of a fish smelling the lure.---Pooch

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pooch View Post
    Years ago, I used quills almost exclusively. I just don't see or hear of people using them these days. They were so sensitive, I thought I could see an indication of a fish smelling the lure.---Pooch
    Most of my floats are weighted peacock quills. They are incredibly sensitive.
    Last edited by deathb4disco; 11-09-2008 at 02:43 PM.